1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Game] The Last of Us

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Keyser Soze, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Mine is MLB Road to the Show. It's the game that caused me to buy a PS3 in 2007.

2. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

i mean, it's an exclusive. you can't play on any other system other than the ps3

do you buy it yearly? how's their updates and whatnot compare to 2k sport games?

3. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

I think the game that left the biggest impression was the original installment of Resistance. Prob bc it was my first experiences with PS3. I enjoyed both Infamous games, although a bit repetitive. I also like Ratchet & Clank, underrated games imho.

4. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

I haven't played a good one in awhile. Off the top of my head I was addicted to gears of war 1. They ruined 2 3 and the last one was ok . Very impressed with dark souls. Skyrim and fallout were great.

5. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Dude ratchet and clank was my **** I have an Xbox now but I played them on my ps2

6. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

The PS3 installments are pretty good, def worth playing. I was wrong about being underrated though, they have fairly good scores on metacritic. I just don't hear too many people talk about them in person or online in game forums.

7. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

i guess you don't like naughty dogs then

8. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

I don't like the mechanics for movement and aiming in their games. It's too clunky for my taste. I can't get immersed into a game if I hate the controls. The controls kind of remind me of Remedy games like Alan Wake on 360. The game is decent on PC though.

9. Baba Booey

I have every one except MLB 11. I play almost exclusively on the Road to the Show RPG mode where you take a player through the minors into the majors and spend experience points to increase your skills. The original version was really solid but they have tweaked it a bit each year. The reason I didn't get MLB 11 was because the reviews said that the Road to the Show mode was almost unchanged. MLB 12 added some nice little changes and MLB 13 tweaked the way the ball physics worked and made everything a lot better (that is until my PS3 fried).

The changes are not major (they started with an amazing game in '07) but they are nice tweaks. I would compare the tweaks to the versions to NBA 2K, with the exception that MLB the Show never released a ****ty game. NBA 2K is normally very good and some years it doesn't seem like they changed much, and then you get NBA 2K13 which is a really nice upgrade from 2K12.

10. Baba Booey

I should say that I play NBA 2K13 on Xbox.

11. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I haven't played recent versions of The Show, but they always seemed more proud of their work. 2K would have good ideas, but the final product would be a buggy mess. Not sure how they could ship some of the things that went out in their games.

12. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

had slight problem with uncharted 1. no problem with uncharted 2. didn't like how the controls are in uncharted 3

fair enough.

The Last of Us is going to be one of the greatest game this gen!

to me that is

#52 mvpcrossxover, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  13. RC Cola

Maybe it is because I actually played through Lair (pre-patch), but I can usually get through any game regardless of how clunky the controls might be.

Or how many mountain bosses you might have to fight.

14. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

to me, 2k are lazy once they released the game. yea they're going to release a patch for it but it's expected nowadays.

they're lazy on their roster update. lazy on the players' ratings. players accessories and equipment are all wrong. their art team sucks.

15. Baba Booey

Oh...Lair... *shudders*
    That game really sucked badly.

Speaking of clunky controls and PS3 exclusives, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Heavy Rain had some of the worst control schemes of all time. I still played through them both, though.

I actually like the way your character plays in Uncharted 2. I think Naughty Dog did a great job with the controls. I can't wait to play a much slower paced and more tense game like Last of Us and see what they do.

16. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

To you and a whole bunch of other people. Sucks bc I like the premise of the game but whatever. It's unfortunate I don't like the control scheme. I might force myself to play through it and see I can get used to it.

17. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

what's wrong wit MGS4 control scheme? did you prefer the older mgs control scheme like mgs3 and mgs2?

18. RC Cola

Heavy Rain and MGS4 are 2 of my favorite PS3 games (along with all of Naughty Dog's games...probably Last of Us too, but I'm too busy to check it out right now).

2K has pretty nasty controls too IMO. Though I'm not sure how else you would handle all the moves they try to let players use.

19. So Good

So Good Member

Same here. Well that and my XBox kept getting the ring of death...Got it 3 times after getting refurbished ones so I just bought a PS3 and let my brother keep the 4th refurbished XBox..which to this day works perfectly.

Anyway, The Show is my favorite franchise. LOVE the game and the commentating is great...(albeit it's fallen off slightly).

I buy it every year bc of the updated player models and rookies being added to the game (ie Bryce Harper).

20. Baba Booey

I just remember MSG4 having a completely different control scheme than your average shooter. I cannot remember what it was exactly, but I went back to play it after a number of months off and couldn't play it at all. Then I remembered how long it took me to get comfortable with them and said screw a second play through.

I only played the original Metal Gear on NES and MGS4 on PS3. I tried MSG2 on PS2 but couldn't stand it. I spent about an hour with that game, and 40 minutes was me watching a cutscene. MSG4 was pretty damned fun, though, but it was really silly.