1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Game] The Last of Us

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Keyser Soze, Jun 4, 2013.

1. ashiin

ashiin Member

**** me I want a PS3.

2. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

There is some concern about the gaming industry. Seems you have to spend $50M+ in order to make a profitable/good game. Or just be an indie game developer. Little in-between. In order to be profitable, publishers are pushing "always online," DLC, ads, etc., and they're also taking fewer risks (resulting in less innovation). This hurts the gamer, who may in turn buy fewer games (and feed back into the cycle).

Mobile gaming is growing and it does affect traditional gaming some, but I think there are other things with a greater effect on the industry. I don't really think it is in danger of dying yet (it is still growing), but it is a concern.

I agree it is a shame that these consoles can't play current-gen games. They'll probably/possibly re-release some of these games on PS4 (with added features), but that's not the same.

PS3 is at its peak, but it will rapidly decline. It has been getting pushed to its limits for a while now. It can't do much more. And these "epic games" that are being released will quickly dry up in a few months (all these developers will start focusing on PS4/XBone). You'll have some time to go through your backlog, but eventually you'll need to upgrade if you want to play more "epic" games (and you'll start to see why the PS3 just couldn't offer some of the things the PS4 can).

3. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

This was the review I was waiting for in determining whether or not I will purchase a PS3. Now all I'm waiting for is the price drop announcement at E3 :grin:

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Kept trying to click the video in the OP and it wouldn't play.

It's just a picture. :(

5. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Watched gameplay looks very linear and boring

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I've been looking foward to this since they played a trailer on The Walking Dead. I don't usually buy games when they first come out but this has me sold!

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

LOL...you too eh? It was a tease....and no link provided to the video either. :(

8. VanityHalfBlack

Any good pre-order extras I should know about?

9. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

It is. The demo was a snore-fest. I have a feeling games are going to get high scores from reviewers to boost sales for the end of this generation.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I agree, but just saying... GTA V holiday season 2013.

;)

11. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

This generation of gaming is really pissing me off. Assassins creed, call of duty, halo. They are ruining video games as we know it. All they care about is getting the graphics looking pristine. The games are very terrible and repetitive requiring very little skill. Sad day

1 person likes this.
  12. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

don't buy it and don't play it.

end of story

13. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

And he prob won't. Your point?

14. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

if he's not playing it, why is he complaining?

if you buy the game with your own money and you don't like it then complain about it.

how is someone going to complain about games that's not focus toward their taste?

15. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I had to purchase a new PS3 for this game. My PS3 broke a few months ago and I didn't think I would replace it, but I was wrong. I saw Last of Us a few days ago and went and bought one. My PS3 is sitting on my table in its box waiting for next Friday (and my friend to bring my MLB 13 back).

Sony has amazing exclusives.

16. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

People can complain about things they don't like.

17. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

you played the last of us demo?

how was god of war: ascension?

18. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

what are your top games of this generation?

19. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

I didn't play it, I don't like God of War. My friend bought the game and invited me over to play The Last of US demo since it was my most anticipated game. I think I was too hyped for the game, it was a letdown.

20. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

what's your favorite game on the ps3?