1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video game] No Man's Sky -- Open World Sci-Fi Adventure

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Oct 26, 2014.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Looks like a completely different game -- is it fun now?

2. runamok

runamok Member

-Dog Poo? Yeah, like I bought this No Mans Sky used game for $15 when everyone else was trashing it, whoever owns a copy of the game will get all Updates free (all updates have been huge). -Yes I feel it has gotten a lot better.

Everyone is different from what they look for. I like the distinct art style (there is this Photo Mode that is really beautiful), cool music, pretty chill game that you can zone out too. What I find memorable is the truly unique unscripted events that take place without planning, and nobody experiences that moment of discovery/experience but you. I wasn't really bothered about Multiplayer-Yet there has been a community that has carried on out there that planned events (Racing Exocraft, hub building, farming) out together. Hello Games responded with many features for Multiplayer, I really don't know what that is going to be like. The 3rd person view looks so different, and so many things added(own a space freighter & up to 50 frigates??)- I guess we will figure out this week if it is fun.- the developers seem passionate about this project.

3. KingCheetah

Hmmm...

Yung-T likes this.
  4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

So Dead Space? Did you ever try this? I only remember the hard launch, then hearing it got better. But I've never tried it

5. KingCheetah

No, after the launch bomb I never really considered getting it, but all the updates now make it seem like a good deal and an interesting time killer.

Yung-T and CCity Zero like this.
  6. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

The updates add so much to the core game. It is pretty crazy. I haven't played much in the last year or so, and I kinda want to jump back in and see what's new.

I think the game was worth playing at launch, but now, it is pretty much a no-brainer (unless you really don't like space exploration games...for whatever reason). I think it was added to Game Pass for PC and Xbox, so even more reason to try it out.

Yung-T and CCity Zero like this.
  7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Thats what I got from it - a lesser dead space.

CCity Zero likes this.
  8. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Has there ever been a game resurrect itself as much as this one did? It was a terrible bomb on release, but the updates have turned it into a pretty incredible game.

KingCheetah likes this.
  9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Final Fantasy XIV released in an absolutely abysmal state and bombed, so Square Enix did a public apology and fired all producers.

They decided to overhaul everything from scratch and relaunched the game two years later, it has now become one of the most successful MMOs of all time.

CCity Zero, KingCheetah and RC Cola like this.
  10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It's still sitting on my pc installed from back in August 2016. The last time I played according to Steam was September 25, 2016. It was kind of fun to play for a while, but kind of nonsensically goofy and repetitious, too. A lot has changed since then -- maybe I should re-visit it eventually.

CCity Zero likes this.