1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Game News] Fallout 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Jun 2, 2015.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Looks perfect. Can't wait.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Meh it doesn't really make a difference. Yeah there's only 4 choices at one time, but the dialogue is continuous and you will go through multiple choices throughout a conversation.

Game has me in awe a bit, it really looks like it's going to raise the bar in gaming. While watching the showcase my first impression was "Wow! THIS is next gen gaming. Knowing how ridiculously big fallout maps are, how much variety, detail is in the game, how amazing the story lines/missions are I just can't believe they manged to take everything and basically put it on steroids WHILE completely improving the graphics and player/shooting mechanics. It's everything a fallout fan could have possibly asked, times a million. Unreal.

Now... just gotta hope it lives up to the hype...

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Oh yeah, I mean I don't mind that much. Gameplay is where its at.
    Mods are going to make this game last like 3 or 4 years.

4. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Yeah, the dialogue/writing/story stuff is the only thing that really worries me at this point. You can't really get a good feel for that just from E3 demos, so not like I'm disappointed or anything from the presentation. Everything they did show looks great IMO. I'd like to think if they put so many resources into base building, Android/iOS apps, etc., they put some resources and effort into improving on their weaknesses from their previous games. They've had ~4 years to work that out.

Guess there could be some typical concerns with gameplay mechanics, but Bethesda's mistakes there don't usually bother me too much, and when they do, there are usually mods to fix them. Much harder to fix the game's writing with mods.

5. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

6. VanityHalfBlack

Can I still preorder the piboy edition at my local gamestop or is this sold out indefinitely?????

7. Raven

Raven Member

A reminder that FO4 is coming out only two weeks before Black Friday. While there's always the possibility that it won't be on sale, I think the odds are damn good that it will be. Considering that Nov is smack in the middle of football season, the beginning of NBA season, the return of Fall television, not to mention other interesting holiday stuff to do, there's no huge reason not to wait a couple of weeks and maybe get it for half price. True, it's only 30 bucks, but who doesn't like a good deal?

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

^ Are you referring to PC or XB1/PS4? Because half price is very optimistic for console. I was in the preorder camp, but I totally agree with you that I'll be busy as hell with other distractions. I am also holding out to see how the mods will work on XB1 as opposed to PC before committing to one or the other.

9. percicles

I remember waiting till black friday for GTA V and getting it at $39.99. That's as low as I've seen new releases go on console.

10. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

It seems to pop up on Amazon available every so often. I'm sure its a case by case basis with Gamestop.

Preordered mine from Best Buy and got that nice 20% GCU discount

11. percicles

Good stuff from QuakeCon today

12. RedRedemption

I am going to fail all my finals!!!

13. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I had never played Fallout but I played all the Elder Scroll games. I just finished Fallout 3 and doing DLCs and will be done with New Vegas by the time this comes out. I'm even more excited now. Especially since it will let me romance Dogmeat.

14. RedRedemption

:eek:

Anyways, I'm just sad that you can't have both the dog + a companion. The dog can only be taken around by itself. :(

15. percicles

Less than a month left

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/k3IlHBBGCIw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I'm looking to pre order on console. Any better deals than the $10 gift cards?

17. gah

gah Member

Just learned what a "live action" trailer really is. Sadly, we are still at least one generation away from photo-realistic games.

BTW, this is going to be my First Fallout game. Is it truly a game for everyone? What I've seen from previous games doesn't draw my attention too much.

18. RedRedemption

Difference between watching it and playing it. If you like story and exploration it will hook you. If you like action-game violence, it will hook you. I've literally never met anyone that disliked the open world Fallout or Elder Scrolls series.

Check reddit.com/r/gamedeals frequently and/or slickdeals. Unfortunately, most of the deals are on PC. (I preodered FO4 on GMG for $40).

19. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

My first Fallout was New Vegas. Didn't like it at first but I really didn't have an understanding of what to do in the game. Then a friend explained to me about leveling up and exploring yada yada and I got lost in the damn game. I could not stop playing.

I'm pretty much ready to say goodbye to the world for a few weeks/months when Fallout 4 comes out

20. hlcc

hlcc Member

I think Dell is still offering a $25 gift card (have a 3 month expiration date though) with Fallout 4.