1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Game News] Fallout 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Jun 2, 2015.

1. droopy421

droopy421 Member

2. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

It probably is the same engine (just upgraded), but the engine being the same/similar doesn't really indicate how demanding the game will be. If you take Fallout 3 and redo the graphics so that it targets 1080p (or 4K if you're playing on PC), replace all textures with 2048x2048 textures, add tesselation, add hairworks, increase polygon counts by 3x-4x (if not more), etc. If you do all that, you'll need a much more powerful system than what you used to play Fallout 3.

That said, while I liked the artstyle, the trailer didn't look like it was too demanding from a graphical standpoint. It's hard to say for sure without seeing more from the game (plus Bethesda isn't known for making optimized games), but I think this game would scale/run better than say Witcher 3. As that one rumor RedRedemption posted mentioned, this game might have originally been designed with PS3/360 in mind, so it might be fairly playable on low and mid-range systems.

Um...assuming it is a 2015 title anyway. If it gets pushed out to 2016 or 2017, they might end up pushing the graphics a bit more.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You have to do it through Green Man Gaming.

They kinda had a Witcher 3 semi-scandal, but outside of that they are 100% legit. They are consistently recognized as official retailers.
    I think they buy keys in other (cheaper) regions in bulk and re-sell them to western countries for cheap.
    A lot of the time they get their keys officially from retailers and their official distributors as well.

If it alleviates your concerns at all I think I've bought like 10 or 15 games from there and have not had a single problem with getting keys for any of them.

#43 RedRedemption, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  4. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I've had nothing but good experiences with Green Man Gaming. I remember the first time I bought a game there, it was a pre-order of Borderlands 2 and I think I paid like $35. From then on, I always check there when there's a game I wanna pre-order.

5. RedRedemption

6. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

This game is going to be insane

7. Jmcballer88

best song

8. PhiSlammaJamma

It will be interesting to see if they deal with the NY Yankees in this game, lol.

I liked Fallout 3 much better than Vegas in terms of scope and interest in the environment.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

Also, some deflated footballs or plot line would be hilarious.

10. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

I liked fallout 3 but thought 1 and 2 were the most fun. Probably not going to happen but I think it would be so cool if they went retro and made this a 3rd person tactical game again.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I would hold off on paying for these games right now if you are on PC.

If either Nvidia or AMD package this game on their graphics card, you can get them for $15-20.

For example, I got the Steam code for the new Batman game coming out this month for $15. The guy got it as a promo wit his Nvidia card and he didnt want it. Much better deal than green man gaming promotion.

12. RedRedemption

No chance with Bethesda. Its just not their forte.

13. RedRedemption

Amazon is the safe route for those that want to pre-order but want to cancel if they find a better price.

Also I don't think there is a chance NVIDIA packages this game unless Fallout uses NVIDIA's gameworks proprietary tech.
    AMD is a possibility. That being said, its a good thing to take note of. I got Witcher 3 for like $15 as a result.

14. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Sorry my initial post wasn't detailed. I got a warning after my first semester and then the second semester I did much better, but I still couldn't build my grades up enough to get into the business school there, so I just left. It ended up working very well for me actually.

Glad my PC Master Race Rig is semi ready for this.

1 person likes this.
  15. Jmcballer88

It's in boston?

16. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Yes. The trailer even shows a community living in Fenway Park. Though I don't think they'll refer to it specifically as Fenway or the team as the Red Sox. So likely no mention of Yankees either.

17. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Bethesda 2015 E3 Showcase Live Now

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2KApp699WdE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

November 10, f**k yeah.

19. RedRedemption

Graphics look underwhelming.
    Its okay because the gameplay is going to be absolutely amazing, but can they please move away from crappy Gamebryo-Creation?

EDIT: Never mind. Graphics look great lol. I caught the bit with the vault-tec salesman and that part was just an outlier.

I am a little unhappy with the dialogue system, looks a little gimped with only four options max... previous games some dialogue choices had way more options... I guess that's the price paid for a voiced PC.

#59 RedRedemption, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Holy $hit, I'm pumped for this game!