1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Game News] Fallout 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Jun 2, 2015.

1. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Based on rumors it's supposed to be located in Boston Massachusetts, and one of the Ivy league schools up there called the institute. Harvard Maybe I'm not really sure.

But it if Im correct the institute is where Dr. Zimmer from the the Replicated Man quest-line is from. This means androids will be in Fallout 4.

2. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Boston confirmed. Scollay Square top left corner.

[​IMG]

3. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I think some of you guys know this, but for those who don't, New Vegas was developed by an outside studio (Obsidian), not the main studio that did Fallout 3 (and the Elder Scrolls games). That explains some of the differences in style between the two games. On top of that, there was some horrible publisher behavior by Bethesda (the publishing side, not so much the development studio). They pushed out New Vegas before it was ready, resulting in some bugs and unfinished content.

Basically, if you disliked New Vegas but loved Fallout 3, Fallout 4 should be more of what you love. Um, if you loved the writing, character development, etc., of New Vegas, um Fallout 4 might not be quite up to those standards, but hopefully it's an improvement over previous Bethesda-developed games. Either way, the game should play great, and the trailer definitely excites me. :)

I like that they didn't go with a CG trailer. It wasn't the best graphics, but this shows you can drum up a lot of interest even if your (AAA) game isn't the prettiest.

That's not to say the game is ugly of course, especially given what we can expect from the gameplay. I particularly like the colors used. I hope we can see more about what they gained by going PS4/XBO/PC only. Bethesda doesn't have to make everything work with only 512MB of RAM anymore. :)

4. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Never played Fallout, but am interested. Could any of you guys explain how the game play is like or what game it is most similar to? What genre is this game?

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Bongo bongo bongo!

6. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Pretty much Elder Scrolls set in a post apocalyptic alternate America.

7. kingdragon22

kingdragon22 Member

[​IMG]

FINALLY!!! first gameplay presentation JUNE 14TH

[​IMG]

8. pickymen

pickymen Contributing Member

Fallout 3, Red Dead Redemption, and GTA 4 are my favorite games.

I'm excited about Fallout 4 and it looks better than Fallout 3.

But I have stopped playing games for many years and don't have the time to do so anymore.

9. kingdragon22

kingdragon22 Member

My favorite game series!

This might help you understand.

gamespot video review of fallout 3:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mCEThrx6qqY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Can't wait for this. Loved New Vegas. I'm
    Betting the E3 demo reveal will be amazing

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Oh god if this somehow comes out this fall I'm going to fail all of my classes.

Graphics be damned, its not the prettiest, but an ENB and/or SweetFX and/or ReShade will fix that when it comes out.
    Is it possible that they absolutely smash the map size of its previous games? I really hope so.

Institute = MIT.
    I thought.

#31 RedRedemption, Jun 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  12. RedRedemption

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Graphics was concern when I started playing Fallout 3. Didn't matter. Still a fantastic game. The graphics mattered less and less as I got more into it.

14. RedRedemption

Yeah, all in all. Mods are always out there.

[​IMG]

:)

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What fantastic news. I loved all of the Fallout games, since even before Bethesda took over. I liked Fallout Vegas but it was my least favorite of them so far. I'm incredibly excited about Fallout 4. I can not wait. Maybe this will be the impetus to finally get a next gen console. Maybe I'll just start on it on the old console.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is my biggest hope as well. I loved Fallout 3, but there just didn't seem to be as many cities/factions/etc. as something like Oblivion or Skyrim had.

Either way...I'm sure it'll be terrific.

17. RedRedemption

So, this was posted last year and everyone thought it was fake, but so far a lot of the information is lining up!

1 person likes this.
  18. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I essentially had to leave UofH because of Fallout 3. I spent my entire first semester at UofH playing this game. I ended the semster with a 1.999 (dumb counselor wouldn't round me up to a 2.0 which makes no sense). I blame my lack of good grades on 2 things, not learning how to study in HS, and Fallout 3.

19. RedRedemption

You don't even get a probation warning at UoH? :eek:
    That sucks.

I hit 2.0 exact after a horrendous second semester.
    I am on the comeback tho.

My junior year about to be like the Rockets Game 6.

20. droopy421

droopy421 Member

We'll know more at the official E3 release but from my understanding it is going to use the same engine as skyrim. So a lot of PC gamers will not even need to upgrade much for it. Once again, just speculation.