1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Game] Grand Theft Auto V

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Trailer will be out in one hour guys!

A user at 4chan claims he's very, very close to the development and released tons of information about the game:

-The protagonist is Hispanic and his name is Adrian.
    -It takes place in San Andreas in 2012. The Mayan end of the world is parodied a lot because of this.
    -You start out in Los Santos and are in your rival’s turf, Varrios Los Aztecas, after getting beaten up and robbed.
    -The game revolves around money in a big deal. I’d reveal the big idea, but I don’t want to ruin it.
    -Multiplayer is in again. There are a couple of new game modes, co-op story, and 32-player game modes for consoles and 64 player for PC. PC also includes dedicated servers.
    -PC comes out on launch and is being ported by Leeds. From what they have shown us it is optimized much better than GTA 4.
    -San Andreas includes all the same cities from GTA SA and this time they have all became ab it bigger as well as much more detailed.
    -Gang turf wars are back. This time not only the general gang are in charge but different sets such as57th Ballas or the Eastside Azteca. They have their own graffiti. You can tag up stuff with custom sprays now too.

-In the end your protag dies once again like in RDR. Afterwards you play as his brother who inherits the money.
    -”The money” I refer to comes from a massive drug trade that ships to San Andreas. Its fought over a lot throughout the story and it comes with lots of money. It has ties to your family so it becomes a bigger deal.
    -The timeline continues off of GTA 4. It is referenced a lot. I’m not really sure whether Niko dies but he’s mentioned at least twice.
    -Car modding is back so is lowriding of course.
    -There are 9 radio stations. It features a range of music. Some of the rap is new, some is old. There’s a better selection than GTA 4 though IMO.
    -Military has returned in the 6 star wanted level except they are referred to as National Guard.
    -Cover system is upgraded and plays more smoothly.
    -The moral decisions you saw in GTA IV have more effect on the story now. There are at otal of 4 unique endings. 2 bad, 2 good. Whether the protag dies in all of them you’ll just have to figure out since the endings are actually pretty cool.
    -More girlfriends.
    -Parachutes.
    -Fun cheats are back!

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Countdown to trailer unveil.

<iframe src="http://www.rockstargames.com/videos/embed/8001" width="640" height="360" frameBorder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

3. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

4. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Los Santos! People are saying Tommy Vercetti is the main character?

6. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Hope it's more gang-related and back to the roots. The trailer looked GTA IV-ish, not what I want from GTA.

8. Cannonball

That would be awesome if true, but the voice over guy doesn't sound like Ray Liotta. I'd be somewhat disappointed if the protagonist was Tommy Vercetti but Liotta wasn't voicing the character.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Read my spoiler people, should be pretty accurate.

10. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

did they fix the targeting system in GTA IV? i never played but that was the one thing i couldn't stand in the previous games.

also, Keyser Soze please spoiler tag those photos.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It was more ego-shooter or 3rd person shooter like, pretty accurate but darned difficult when facing many opponents.

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Looks great...Im in.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I hope the missions are better. GTA IV is great to run around and cause mayhem in, but the missions are pretty much all the same - go somewhere and shoot everyone in sight.

I wish there was some way to open up the entire city without doing all the boring missions.

14. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

That's pretty sick looking, played only about 3 or 4 hours of the last one and got bored. Hope this one is a lot better.

15. aggie87

aggie87 Member

not a fun of the clunky foot movement, I understand they want it "realistic" but it just makes it feel unresponsive

I also did not like the simulation driving, I want to drive fast and make sharp turns...

16. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Looks pretty cool. Definitely will give this game a try. I liked GTA IV.

17. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

I didn’t get exited about this one. I still have to finish GTA IV

18. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

oh how i miss the wide open levels of san andreas, and of course the parachute!

19. Cannonball

Sorry, not going to trust what some random guy on 4Chan said until we get more details. If more of what he said turns out to be true, then I'll give it more credibility. Until then, I'll take it with a grain of salt.

20. Cannonball

I like the really epic set pieces. I thought the bank robbery and the final mission in IV was great. The Lost and the Damned DLC didn't have many of these but The Ballad of Gay Tony DLC did which is while I liked that DLC a lot more.