1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Full Terrence Jones Highlights - 20 points in 25 minutes - 10/10/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Thanks for the video, Clutch.

TJ really plays like a big man. PP plays like a girlie man (not that I would say this to his face. :grin:).

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

That was very good, coachbadlee.

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

The only guy i didn't care for in the rockets draft was white. When people asked to rank the picks, i chose lamb,jones,then white. Jones is one of those guys with alot of talent. He runs hot and cold sometimes like lamar odom, but you wont see many guys at his size and athleticism play like he plays when he's on. I'm not going to say he's inconsistent, its just his level of intesnity may not be full throttle all the time. Some of the plays he can and will make, patterson nor white can make athletically. I thought it was a great pick then and I'm still calling it a great pick.

4. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Did you guys by the way hear it when Bill started to sing 'Basketball Jones' from Space Jam :D ?? That was funny, even Bullard chimed in and did some Barry White.

5. Asian Sensation

That jumper is wet just like Zach Randolph's. Looks like his shot too.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I kind of wonder where Jones would have been drafted had Anthony Davis not been a Wildcat last year.

Before they recruited Davis & MKG, the year before Jones was expected to be their best player going into the 2011/12 season. He still played extremely well, but have to wonder if those two guys sort of stole the spotlight a little too much.

7. Beebo1911

Beebo1911 Member

By the end of the Season it will be

Lin
    Lamb
    Parsons
    Jones
    Asik

8. Ultramagnus

Ultramagnus Rookie

Pardon the bumping of an old thread, but I also hate to see Terrence Jones fall behind in the pecking order...

Can someone please light a fire under this guys ass?

Among the Rockets "bigs", he's the best combination of:

1. height - rounded up to 6'10" with shoes
    2. wingspan, long arms - 7'2" WS
    3. bulk, muscle mass - 250 lbs-ish
    4. speed
    5. ball handling
    6. jumper and long range
    7. rebounding
    8. SHOT BLOCKING ABILITY! <---------- he's actually the only one who has demonstrated this

Has a ceiling capable of averaging 17+ ppg, 8+ rpg, around 2 bpg, 1+ spg, 1+ 3pm

How do we get this guy going? If only he had D-Mo's drive and T-Rob's motor, we wouldn't be searching for our PF. We'd have our own or even better version of a Blake Griffin-Al Horford-Al Harrington hybrid. That was if he had D-Mo's drive, and T-Rob's motor... :)

He has the potential to be a run the court, slam dunkin beast.
    He has the potential to be a beast in the paint.
    He has the potential to be a really good shooter for a big man.

Like my previous comparison, from a "legends" perspective, I see some
    Antonio McDyess (beast in the paint, decent jumper, decent shot blocker)
    Orlando Woolridge (powerful finisher, agile for a big man, decent jumper)
    and Xavier McDaniel (strong finisher, nice jumper, runs the floor)
    in him. Watch their highlight films before you disagree.

Come on guys, how do we light a fire under his ass? How do we bring out the beast in him?

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I don't really know what the coaching staff wants from him... yes he might be inconsistent but so was Morris....
    He might not be the best in practice but he is good enough to be announced Dleague Allstar among all rookies
    Maybe they don't want to showcase him..... suddenly claiming to trade him to test the market

10. nobie

nobie Member

dmo have better jumper, is faster, better height, better driving, better post up moves, better skills overall, better handling the ball, overall quicker, better hands, more aggressive defense and offense.

11. pacmania

pacmania Member

Next to Asik , he may be the best defensive big man in our lineup. Oh well, maybe he isn't small enough to play small ball.

12. tharges

tharges Member

Whats the deal on Jones? Why isnt he playing? Or even given a shot at playing?

13. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

20 points in 25 minutes means that terrence jones should be starting instead.

14. pacmania

pacmania Member

small ball is the recent fad of Mchale. He wants to be remembered as the next Mike D' Antoni.

15. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I have a feeling they don't want to show case him.

16. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

or they are not thrilled by Jones and dont want to expose him, to try to get a first round pick for him

17. Ultramagnus

Ultramagnus Rookie

He may not have the Euro moves as D-Mo (not dissing on our boy), but I'm sure TJ would've down a better job on Ilyasova and Henson defensively.

I believe an Asik - Terrence Jones tandem is our best defensive frontcourt tandem right now. With little to no let off from the rebounding T-Rob is capable. Still with the stretch the floor capability with his jumpers and finishing in transition as well.

I really wish the coaching staff will give this a chance.

He was named to the D-League All-Star team and wasn't allowed to play by the coaching/mgmt staff, what was that?

18. rockets2012

rockets2012 Member

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I too don't understand why Robinson got PT over Jones. He must really suck in practice or something.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I agree. I like T-Rob, but Jones has been practicing with the team more and should be out there playing.