1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Dwight Howard dunks ALL OVER Kristaps Porzingis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

My expectations were higher after hearing about it. Still, a great play!

2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

3. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

hahaha

and a great screen to set up ariza for the game winner.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm just glad I always add an extra half hour when I set up my DVR for a game. Wow! The kid won't forget Dwight porking him in New York anytime soon.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Great to see that. Go Dwight! Go Houston Rockets!

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is quite a photo of Dwight dunking on Porzingis <a href="https://t.co/VCZxdodH2e">pic.twitter.com/VCZxdodH2e</a></p>&mdash; Stefan Bondy (@SBondyNYDN) <a href="https://twitter.com/SBondyNYDN/status/671343861655056384">November 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

I actually thought the reverse alley-oop in traffic was more impressive.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Someone needs to work some magic and chop them into a shower, with Zingis' hands up against the glass shower wall. It'd be a riot!

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

[​IMG]

10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">R.I.Porzingis...the audio

<a href="https://t.co/W1W5QzdhI0">https://t.co/W1W5QzdhI0</a></p>&mdash; Craig Ackerman (@ca_rockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/ca_rockets/status/671381813307310080">November 30, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You'd think cable companies could figure out a way to fix this and send "keep recording" codes to a DVR in the event of OT, as an option to choose.

But, what sucks on NBA League Pass is, although it continues recording, the timeline of the game becomes a obvious SPOILER for OTs. I knew Harden was going to miss that shot, because their was too much time left on the timeline. Likewise, I knew Brewer was going to hit that 35 footer in POR.

I have to figure out a way to stop looking at the timeline, yet still use it to advance past commercials, like put a piece of tape on my monitor. sigh

Yeah, would love Clutch to post that as well. That was an perfect pass by Harden, which allowed Howard to get creative with the dunk.

12. omgTHEpotential

Here you go:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Here's the Craig Ackerman radio call audio synced to the video.

http://www.clutchfans.net/video/view/?v=3566&/dwight-dunks-on-porzingis-craig-ackerman-radio-call/

[youtube]NepmTWTWpEc[/youtube]

Here's that one.

http://www.clutchfans.net/video/view/?v=3565&/dwight-howards-reverse-alleyoop-vs-knicks/

[youtube]Q8jg1moxdms[/youtube]

14. linkz1993

linkz1993 Member

People are quick to forget how athletic Howard still is even after injurys ...

15. dream2clips

dream2clips Member

He got stuffed at the rim when he was off-balance b/c his below avg footwork continues to let him down. There was one particular play in the second half where Seraphim blocked a shot which was headed for the bottom of the backboard as Dwight swept across the lane and whirled up a hopeless shot with his right.

Am I excited to see these plays which underscore his fundamental and low-post shortcomings? No, of course not. But lets not pretend like there has been some appreciable athletic drop-off descending toward league average.

He was, at one time, unequivocally the most athletic NBA player 6'10" and taller. He's now probably top 10-15%, top 5% when healthy. Hardly as alarming as "got stuffed a bunch at the rim tonight".

16. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

Poor Zingis. He got totally destroyed!

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I thought the reverse slam was the better of the two. Both had me out of my seat.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

As a play, yeah, I'd agree. Perfect timing between Harden and Howard, and a perfect pass right at the rim. But the posterization was the more impressive dunk, imo.