1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Durant's nasty dunk on Patterson, Jeffries blocks Westbrook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 12, 2011.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Most 'nasty dunks' I'm shown aren't exciting at all, and not just because this one was pulled off by the opposition. The defense fell apart and Patterson happened to be under the basket. Big deal. I can only think of a handful of dunks in the last decade or so worth replaying. It's just another shot to me. I like blocks a lot better. Those get me excited.

2. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

"Dunking on" is so over rated. Durant beat Jeffries so that is the guy that should take the blame. Patterson is playing help defense in this case so he has to make a decision when to leave his man and come over to help. If he commits too early Durant passes to his man for a dunk. It's a no win for him because Jeffries got beat. Not to mention he is much shorter than Durant who is coming at him full speed. It's ridiculous that people make such a big deal out of it.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chase should have helped the guy out and realized jeffries was having trouble fighting through the pick.

Regardless, PP couldn't have done anything on that, he wasn't even between the basket and Durant. My opinion, he didn't get dunked on. You have to be there to get dunked on.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I thought he was 6'10"?

5. RedStaag

RedStaag Rookie

nice Kyle Korver like D Courtney Lee

6. da_juice

da_juice Member

I was going nuts when Jeffries blocked that shot. Everytime Lebron did that block they'd show it a gazillion times on Sportscenter last year. But Jeffries did it, Jared ****ing Jeffries! A guy who usually doesn't play...

Whatever I'll end the rant there.

7. Moleb

Moleb Member

LOL did you see Rick Adelman jump off the bench pissed off looking and calling time out right after the dunk. Smart coaching, seems he didnt want them to gain any momentum.... I would have done the same.

8. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

And then the Stern will make sure you never play again.

If Oakley play today he wouldn't be able to do what he did before unless he wasn't to be kick out every time.

Pls the league make player play soft not the player.

AB touch Wade lips and get hit with a tech because Wade did stay on the floor long to force the Ref to call it. Corporate America want's a soft NBA and you will get a soft NBA.