1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Donatas Motiejunas Highlights vs. Clippers 2/13/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 14, 2013.

1. SwellyExpress

SwellyExpress Member

super quick for a big... didn't realize he was a 7 footer

2. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

he probably could if he actually played. why are the rockets starting a jump shooting power forward who has problems boxing out, over 7 foot power forward with quick inside post moves and can also knock down the jumper?

3. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

Woah there...lets not get ahead of ourselves

4. gsmiths_s

gsmiths_s Member

Didn't realise he was left handed.

Love the assist of the Clipper' head.

5. underrated015

underrated015 Member

guy has offensive skills no doubt. hes needs to get a strong base like yao did after his rookie year. one offseason with carol dawson should do the trick.

6. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Nice improvement from the Utah game. Not quite as rushed.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

How is his defense?

8. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

holy *****.. the Odom flop @ 2:07. that should be a fine

9. ada32

ada32 Member

In the tradition of clutchfans, let's start a DOF (Donatas Only Fan).
    Lol,

[​IMG]

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Have you watched the extreamly large number of games where Asik leaves his man to go for the block and PPat does not block his man out, you can very clearly see him standing flat footed watching the ball coming off of the rim as the man he should be boxing out gets an offensive rebound?

PPats pathetic rebounding has absolutely ZERO to do with the Rockets style of play. Hell, when he was benched for a while he actually came back and rebounded pretty well for a while whichs proves it is all about lack of focus and effort.

1 person likes this.
  11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Clutch I was looking forward to these. Thanks so much for your hard work!

12. dchoye

dchoye Member

He's deceptively quick
    Count me as a LOF
    Lithuanian only fan

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He looked fluid and confident. I hope he will become stronger and keep on adjusting to the speed of the NBA game.
    If he can learn how to rebound and defend adequately, his minutes should really shoot up.

14. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

16. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Trade deadline is nearing. He'll play after we move one of PPat or Morris out or to the bench. Morris is really a 3 (although slow); he doesn't have the size to bang with the 4s.

Worrell reported that McHale is excited with his hard work and the weight he's put on.

17. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I couldn`t see this game since it was too late (4:30 am in Germany...) - besides the highlights, how did he look? Did he get pushed around a lot? Could he hold his own on defense? What about rebounds? He only grabbed 3 and in the highlights it seemed like he should`ve gotten a couple more.

We always knew he had the post moves - but if he can work out the other parts of his game, this kid could be really special.

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I really like Donuts... he creates mismatches due to his size and speed. And the Rockets need players that create mismatches (versus players that are at the wrong end of mismatches).

One thing that Jeremy Lin does extremely well is see and feed players going to the hoop. In the GSW game Lin hit Parsons a few times for dunks. In the LAC game Lin hit Donuts with a nifty pass that Donuts converted (the mini "sky hook"). Donuts also seems adept at creating space for himself (the play where Worrall said he backed a Clip completely out of bounds). Add to all this... he has a good outside shot. I don't care how bad he is on defense... he will get his own on the offensive end and other coaches will need to counter him... all good IMO.

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

its not like we are playing defense anyways..lol...Dmo would fit right in

20. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

He only played 16 minutes, so the highlights from this video are actually a pretty good example of his overall performance. On the defensive side, I don't remember him doing anything particularly positive, nor did he get completely embarrassed. But to be honest, I was eating at the time and not paying my full attention when we were on D.