1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Donatas Motiejunas - 25 points vs Raptors (SL) (7.13.12)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by batkins, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I would be absolutely shocked beyond belief if we obtained Dwight and didn't give up Lamb. He's the best prospect on the table, and the Magic need a SG assuming we take JRich.

2. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Bargani dosent have anywhere his post moves but conversely he has a better first step and a shooter. Overall Bargani is a better offensive player, but in a few years Monti will be just as good if not better on both sides of the ball.

3. rocketblood713

Lets hope he keeps at least some of them and gives them Marcus Morris and Courtney Fortson lol

4. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I would say that DMo, Parsons, and Lamb or Jones are absolute untouchables on this roster. These are the young studs you want on your team.

The Rockets are truly in the drivers seat for Dwight. Like another poster said, we're doing Orlando a favor by not only taking Dwight off their hands, but also a garbage contract (maybe 2). I would love for the Knicks to NOT match Lin's contract... this would be a crazy exciting team to watch. I think Lin brings a lot more leadership qualities to this team than Lowry/Dragic brough to this team. I think he'll make players around him much better as well.

Lin/Douglas/Duhon
    Lamb/J. Richardson (assuming K-Mart traded)
    Parsons/Hedo/Forbes (assuming Jones & Morris Traded)
    Motiejunas/Lueur (assuming White & PPat Traded)
    Dwight/Smith

5. rocketblood713

I dont Forbes man you seen the summer league game hes was fumbling the ball everytime I saw him

6. Fullcourt

I'm sorry but this lineup is just unrealistic.

7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Yeah he just went 11 for 13 and scored from pretty much everywhere, totally unimpressed!

8. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

Already with a right hand...

Most left handed players are nowhere near ambidextrous and usually lack any kind of a right hand whatsoever. This kid is already using a right handed baby hook among many other weapons in his arsenal. For me it highlights the variety of ways in which he can score and gives hope that he can develop into an excellent overall scorer. Obviously he needs to continue to add to his frame, but if he can ever even approach the kind of rebounder Pao Gasol is, he will make a helluva player.

9. thinair11

thinair11 New Member

hey, whats her name, or post a link to her facebook. thanks

10. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Probably answered already but we can't trade him. Something to do with the fact that we just signed him but he wasn't technically drafted this year so he's untradeable for one season. I like what I see from DMo though, I seriously doubt he'll be able to do that consistently because he took a few 3's and made them. If he's off he'll have to depend on a post game or a pull up jumper. If he's able to develop that, woo it's going to be interesting to watch.

11. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Unrealistic how? Salary cap reasons? Trade won't go down? Wrong players? Lin get's matched?

If Lin's contract isn't matched, and the Dwight trade DOES in fact go down, i dont think see how that roster cant be a possibility come training camp. Sure, it's not extremely likely, but still possible, IMO.

12. Fullcourt

Primarily Lamb and Lin.

13. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

14. AbrahamLincoln

I was impressed by watching him and I really hope he shows up again tomorrow night and is even more dominant.

I'm trying not to get to excited about these players because so many will be gone soon. We haven't seen much yet so its hard to say how these guys pan out but I think Morey did very well in drafting Lamb and Jones and getting Donuts. I think White will come along, too early to bash him. I just wish we kept Dragic to run this team. We will be lost against real competition with the PG's we have on the roster currently.

15. Clutch34

Clutch34 Member

Just a short mention by NBC Sports about Donatas' play vs. Raptors.

ProBasketballTalk

"Donatas Motiejunas is going to join the Houston Rockets for the upcoming season and, if Friday’s action is any indication, he was worth the wait. The big man from Lithuania is built like an NBA player with tree trunks for legs and showed that the size is functional, too, on his way to 25 points and nine rebounds while missing just two attempts from the field."

16. rocketblood713

17. rocketblood713

OHH I mean Forteson LOL !

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

From what i've read, it's only 30 days, not one year.

19. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Perfection.......
    [​IMG]

20. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

he already has a better post up game than chris bosh.