1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Donatas Motiejunas - 25 points vs Raptors (SL) (7.13.12)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by batkins, Jul 13, 2012.

1. liveguy

liveguy Member

Wait....so this guy decided to skip playing for his home country in the Olympics to play for the Rox?

Dedication.

Best players in the world play in the NBA and I have a feeling his whole drive is to prove to himself he is in that best of the best frat.

Gotta keep him.

Screw the cold water posters....

If Morey is half as smart as people think he is, he would keep DMo, no hesitation.

Dude seems to have Yao loyalty, minus the country obligations.

Best case scenario!

1 person likes this.
  2. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Wished he was playing for his national team....

3. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Donatus was good. So too Jeremy.

But Terrence Jones blew me away. A Lamar Odom type player. Solid defender, a potential 1+ shots per game blocker, can dish, can scramble/hustle, will score his share of points, will rebound at a high rate per minute.

What a great pick he is.

PS> Special mention for Marcus Morris. Good player.

4. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Dude looks like a keeper. That hustle and fluidity at 7' are things you cannot teach. Love his confidant attitude too.

5. vernonmaxwell86

shoots the 3ball so fluidly

this is the one guy that cant be dealt

6. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

He's really polished. The way he executed his post moves were just impressive, I would have felt comfortable if he got the ball every play. He was very efficient showing off a variety of his skills, the rebounding numbers were nice to.

7. rocketblood713

This dude ..he isnt cocky but he knows his game and what hes good at hes gonna suprise alot of people watch except Rockets fans lol

8. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Chris Bosh without the girly tendencies on the court..

9. Mariachi ROCKET

New fan favorite , thank goodness what a sigh of relief!

10. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

He's got solid footwork in the post for a young 7 footer. Still looks like there're things he could do to improve, which is great because that means he's got some serious upside. Add to that a fluid outside shot and transition game and I'm seriously excited now. I'd like to see his defense a bit.

11. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

It's so hard not to get absolutely giddy about the possibilities of playing this dude at the 4 with Dwight.

12. alethios

alethios Member

Man, batkins, that was great to see. I was reading all the comments in the SL thread, trying to picture in my mind what each player was doing, based on those - sucks 'cause the comments were lacking in detail. Thanks, you made my day.

13. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Rockets might found themselves a back up PG in Machado :cool:

14. Asian Sensation

He's like a left handed Bargnani. Dude's going to be tough to stop once he adds some strength with that inside/outside game and left hand.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

if all these players get dealt for dwight ill be really bummed towards the rockets for a long long long time.

16. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Even if Dwight re-signs?

17. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The most impressive thing for me is perhaps the least impressive scoring play of the night.

In the video at roughly 23ish seconds, when Parsons passes to DM and he puts it up once with a miss and then puts it up again, DM, the lefty, puts it right back up with his right hand for two shots around the rim without any hesitation.

I appreciate that so many people out there will say, "So what?". But having the fundamental skills, and then being comfortable enough with them to implement them without thinking already puts him ahead of 90% of the 7 footers in the NBA, including many who've been in the league for a decade or more.

Certainly, it contrasts radically with all of the amazing athletes who enter the NBA with nothing but raw athletic ability and attitude to spare. Most of them would have gathered themselves for too long and tried to throw down a monster dunk that would have failed miserably.

18. Asian Sensation

Hey now... It's one thing to look good in a summer league game but it's a whole new realm when you play at an elite level in the NBA Finals.

19. QazQay

QazQay Member

Donuts can play D

20. rocketblood713

I hope Rockets offer a package that leaves D-Mo and Lamb out of it and Parsons lol and White and Jones ..DAMN ! man lets just keep the young guns