1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Day 2: Hasheem Thabeet, Jordan Hill go to work on post drills w/ Kevin McHale

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 10, 2011.

1. juanm34

juanm34 Member

We're not asking Thabeet to score 30pts a game. Maybe 4pts 4blks and dozen of altered shots in the paint.. Wouldn't mind a finger wag here n there.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm kinda' surprised some people don't know about this, being left handed gives people a distinct advantage when it comes to basketball: element of surprise. Very few people are left-handed to begin with, and even fewer play at the NBA. This means most right-handed people get a chance to defend people who go left, and use the right side of their body to shield their left hand. This means their muscle memory isn't as good when it comes to defending lefties, and there will be a bit of lag time or uncertainty in most cases, esp. if the NBA player isn't a good defender.

Regarding Thabeet, he always strikes me as a kid who knows how to say the right things, and in camp he always looks like he's working hard on his game My only question is will it translate on the court, or will his potential remain buried. One thing I'm worried about though is I haven't seen him build muscle mass this offseason, he still looks like a walking stick. This is surprising since even guys like Donatas managed to put on some bulk, and guys like Perkins or Marcus Morris managed to lose a ton of weight.I would have expected some miuscle definition by now.