1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Day 2: Hasheem Thabeet, Jordan Hill go to work on post drills w/ Kevin McHale

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 10, 2011.

1. AXG

AXG Member

Horrible fundamentals by both... but at least Thabeet was making shots lol!

2. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Thabeet is gonna be an all-star ;).

Looks like a kid that just began to learn basketball. But with McHales help I am at least intrigued to see, what he can do. Let him play some heavy minutes this year. Either he developes into a good player - or we get a good draft pick. I want to see PPat, Morris and Thabeet out there a lot this year!

3. TISNF

TISNF Member

McHale kept saying "Eyes up early! Eyes up early!" Maybe I'm just being overly cautious, but #1 they should have a sense as to where the basket it and #2 is that not just giving the defender a chance to defend better (block the shot).

Granted, there's not too many centers out there today who are as quick and skillful as a guy like Mutombo, but why risk giving the defense an advantage?

4. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

looks like he has soft hands too- just that his footwook sucks so bad. nevertheless, if they could just teach him to not bring the ball down, just catch it high, pivot and lay it in, he could average double figures easily.

#64 basso, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Maybe you tell McHale, the head coach, that he's dong it wrong?

6. cod

cod Member

so why force players to go through college?

7. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

God I wish I could participate in those drills. Great video, thanks for sharing!

8. valorita

valorita Member

Hill is not a back to basket type player at all so don't expect him to be.
    He's a face up type.

Thabeet shoots with his palm rather than his fingertips. This was evident for years. I don't think he'll ever be a viable option on offense. However, we've seen from the offseason that a young athletic center that can't contribute anything on offense outside of 5 feet can get paid 10mil/yr
    so...

9. jacoby

jacoby Member

Wonder what made Hill so appealing in the Knicks workout before they took him 8th.

10. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

This isn't baseball being left handed doesn't help

11. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

wrong. being a lefty is an advantage. most players do not expecting left handed shots. do you play basketball?

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Thabust is what he is and thankfully won't be on the roster next season. It ain't gonna be pretty folks.

Jordan Hill might be salvageable. We'll see.

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Wow that was bad... they did not look very focused. Where is the focus?

Jordan needs to slow down his fake and then follow through with that same intensity while Hasheem needs to speed up his fake follow through. Also what was up with Jordan Hill's shot? The goal is right in front of you. Have some balls and drop it in.

14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Just an observation. Hill and Thabeet look slow, unathletic and unskilled compared to the DMo tapes I have seen.

15. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Thabeet looked great to me. A lot smoother, to me, than what I saw from him last year. Not seeing the horrible workout that most are claiming. But, I guess you see what you want to see.

16. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Tell that to Jermaine "I only go right" Taylor. He is so predictable and easy to defend.

17. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Hill had a horrible day/night. He might not have even slept. It's also hard to make a shot after a weight training session. That's why it looks like he has regressed. He is a question mark until the season gets rolling.

18. cod

cod Member

He does look good when he hits those jump shots. Maybe they had visions of an athletic Dirk?

19. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Jordan Hill was supposed to be our Rasheed Wallace. :(

20. Houston22

Houston22 Member

This video makes me wish McHale would dress on for the first game.
    I agree Hill is dealing but besides being raw, those two show no intensity.