1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Day 2: Hasheem Thabeet, Jordan Hill go to work on post drills w/ Kevin McHale

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 10, 2011.

1. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Thabeet just isn't fit to play NBA basketball.

Sorry, there's a reason Memphis gave up on him so early.

Jordan Hill looked like crap as well.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Hill is going through a lot right now...

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

hasheem's issue is how he goes up for his hook...that's why he cant shoot off of his fingertips. He's bringing the ball down, rather than swinging it forward/across. Too much flexion at the elbow, not enough at the shoulder. Notice how Yao's elbow is straight on the release and thabeet's isn't. The hand is more likely to cup the ball like this.

He's gonna have to hit the weights, so he can push his arm up and extend as he goes up.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

^Nice one RV6.

I hope they'll be at least competent enough on defense.

5. val_modus

val_modus Member

Hasheem Thabeet smells horrible in person, just thought u guys should know,,

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I want to see McHale post up Thabeet and Hill!

7. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

Wow, I am shocked. Think about it guys. They have been playing basketball their entire freakin lives and can't make a freakin layup, with no D. I am sorry, one can only be so optimistic when it comes to these guys.

8. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

That old fart can probably take them on as they double team him. I say fire McHale and resign him as our new center.

9. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Terrible workout, except for McHale's coaching. My guess is Hill & Thabeet are working for starting center position and that's why work out seperate from the rest. Thabeet still throws it up there which obviously he can get away with because he's tall but damnit son, what did you do during the summer besides playing tennis ?? My guess is the guy doesn't feel the need to work on his basketball skills. He has no fire at all.

That blocked shot in the video in his 1st game w/ Rockets is pure being 7'3, he almost falls down afterwards. Manute Bol and Shawn Bradley at least had a decent shot and knew how to block a normal shot.

Right now, it's either Hill starting (I hope) or the guy we may bring in: Dalembert is the only option left I gues...

10. binvegas

binvegas Contributing Member

When he has a good season, clutch fans owe me and you a apology.

11. binvegas

binvegas Contributing Member

Jordan Hill has been lifting weights for those that never played if you lift weights before a workout you can't hit the side of a barn thats why Donatas had a poor workout.

1 person likes this.
  12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I know Thabeet has a huge way to go and will be a work in progress for quite some time, but the potential of a 7'3 guy that already has a working jump shot and practices with McHale trying to establish a decent post-game along with defending our paint and blocking shots...It's a gamble of course but he could be a very good C, it's not that we have much to lose right now. Why overpay for 30 year old vets like Nene or Dalembert now, we won't win a ring anyway in the next 3 years. Thabeet is a much more intriguing prospect and if it doesn't work out...hey, atleast we get some decent draft picks and have more cap space.

13. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Of course his hook shot is not comparable to Yao's. Nobody expect him to have a soft touch like Yao. We want him to be a shot-blocking center.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Glad to be back to Rockets Basketball

15. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Watching this video makes me more sad we didn't get Pau and Nene.

16. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

This. Seriously guys, think about this before posting the Hill sucks comments.

17. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree. Thabeet looked great to me as well. I don't think the rockets got him for his offense, he's a natural shotblocker. Its funny how small he makes J.Hill look and Hill is freaking 6'10.
    The animosity for Thabeet here in the Garm is really getting old. Let McHale work with him for a whole season and then make your assessment. Give the kid a chance.

18. anchel

anchel Member

Hill is not doing the movement correctly.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

They need core strength. You must be dreaming to think you can score the same hook shot without feeling your opponents presence when you bang your back against him. That's why scola is so successful, you can read your opponents defense with your back, when you're backing him down you feel the pressure point and you decide where to spin off on him or go over him. Not only will the core strength help you in the offense aspect but the defense as well. You won't be backed down so easily hill, remember lemarcus Aldridge killing him in the paint. Thats why chuck was so effective, nobody could back him down.

The touch feel for the hook shot is another problem and the lesser one.

20. AFS

AFS Member

Wait.. Thabeet has a working jump shot? Didn't knw that.