1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[video]Dallas Airport Fight/Crowd Takes Down Angry, Ranting Homophobe

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Falcons Talon, Oct 27, 2014.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

There are better ways to record it than taunting a crazy man. That's exactly what he did by recording him directly and then bringing the phone back up after the crazy guy confronted him. Then he goes back to recording the guy up close later. Why even go over there? If a crazy guy gets upset when you do something, then you probably shouldn't do it.

He's already in a very public place with others looking on, it's not like he would have a hard time finding a witness. If he stays away, security arrives and deals with the guy.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Escalated by Recording . . . .lol

Rocket River

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Let me clarify .. . . if you unprovoked start recording someone
    for what ever reason . . . . .they have the right to feel violated and want to do something about it

If someone starts some crap . . .they don't have the right
    to claim things got escalated because someone started recording my crap

Rocket River

4. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Maybe there were better ways to handle the situation, but the ball-kicking/head-punching belligerent (probably drunk) dude was clearly not being rational.

5. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think pink shirt guy's mistake was walking over to dude to continue recording. the initial recording we saw, I think, was fair. Crazy, drunk dude was clearly a threat and was likely to make it more physical than the brief humping thing he did early in the vid. Made sense to record just in case it became violent or if later the dude did something like blind side pink shirt while pink shirt is in the restroom.

But walking over to get back in the homophobe's face was not wise.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

He also got in the scrum at the end. He wasn't some innocent, cynical bystander.

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Did it start over a pink button down shirt? LOL

8. JeffB

Supporting Member

By that point he took a kick to the nuts and a couple punches. Might as well be in the scrum, too.

Wait a minute... Why is this discussion even focused on pink shirt? The drunken nutcase is the real problem.

Anyway it goes, the homophobic jackass is the guy who took things too far. Pink shirt could have been photographing the other dude's buns and asked him for a hand job and that would not have justified the escalation on the video.

9. Bandwagoner

Really? I guess legally verbal/sexual abuse doesn't justify assault but it is borderline to me.

#69 Bandwagoner, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Well, he's not so interesting to talk about because he's clearly in the wrong. Pink shirt is in more of a pink area between the white of documenting misbehavior and the red of harassing someone with a video recording.

11. Nook

Nook Member

What?

So you are not going to hit a stranger taking photographs of your butt and asking for a handjob?

I guess I am in the minority, but I would punch someone crossing that line.

12. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

You're missing my point.

No one is defending the drunk/high guy.

What I'm saying is recording and following the drunk/high guy antagonized him and escalated the situation from verbal to physical.

Congrats pink shirt guy...you got video of you being kicked in the nuts.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

^You mean drunk guy?

Bc a drunk and high guy would be spittin fire, freestyling. Not picking fights at an airport.

14. JeffB

Supporting Member

I hear you. :grin:

Guys, women deal with jackasses looking for some ass or taking photos of their yoga pants all the time. They walk away. Even notify security if the horny dude won't leave them alone. Men should do the same.

Some dude comes on to me, I turn it down. If they persist I walk away. Somewhere after that comes violence.

15. JeffB

Supporting Member

I agree with this. Though, before he was followed, drunk guy did hump pink shirt a little, so it was already getting physical.

16. Nook

Nook Member

I suppose.

I honestly would not have a problem with a woman confronting and attacking a stranger taking pictures of her butt and asking for a hand job.... same goes for a male. I just think that is a personal space issue, and there is no real area for interpretation.

Your way is probably better. I would possibly end up getting my a$$ kicked or maced by security or in jail... which isnt a good thing when you are a lawyer.

17. Bandwagoner

I have a feeling most women avoiding pervs sexually harassing them comes from fear of sexual assault and violence with them being on the losing side due to them being women.

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If someone just kicked me and assaulted me, I would be in the scrum as well.