1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Clutchfans brethren! I need your detective skills! Car got broken in to. Surveillance video

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 7, 2015.

1. htownballa1622

I've had my fair share of car break ins where I used to live.I used to live right off of Washington where there's always drunks or break ins.

People like that don't just do it once. They'll likely be back in the future(maybe sooner than later).

Keep a lookout and goodluck. Hope they catch these *******. I hate seeing this.

Hope yall have good aim ;)

2. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

That stinks, I take it the cars broken into didn't have there car alarm on?

3. Victorious

Victorious Member

man, this happens way too much. people not locking their doors. people get too comfortable in their surroundings, get careless and leave their doors unlocked. Even their house door! i was kinda of shocked that multiple cars were unlocked but then again its very common.

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

I don't always lock my house door in league city... But it's league city and I have a 100lb dog. But car doors, yea lock those. Young punks don't have the balls to enter a house, but they'll steal from a car.

5. BleedsRocketRed

How do you people not lock your doors, or house doors at night? My goodness. Unless you live way far out in the sticks, this is just complacency.

However, back in 1999 two thugs tried to steal my dads truck out of his driveway at about 3am. My dad works night shift so he was awake watching TV when he heard the dog growling at the window. Peaked outside through the blinds. One was already in the truck trying to steal it, the other was watching in the getaway car. Little did they know my dad is a competitive marksman in pistol and rifle shooting and has a small armory pretty much in the spare bedroom.

Long story shot, one of them learned a lesson, the other lost his life and my dads truck got totaled due to bullet holes and blood.

1 person likes this.
  6. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

LOL at not locking your doors

Comon man, doesn't matter where you live, always lock em

Hope you get those kids tho, I hate thieves

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Crazy story, have anything to do with your moniker?

I agree 100%, it's complacency. Actually, I would be more worried out in the boonies as there are less people to look out for your best interests. I grew up in the middle of nowhere and there were some strange people cruising around out there.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

I think you're more likely to get robbed in the boonies than the suburbs. People that rob houses don't do it blindly, they study the area and find the easiest targets.

I'm not a giant guy, but I'm decent sized and because I work sales my hours are weird so it's hard to tell when I'll be home. Add in that I have 2 large dogs, one that's giant... They're robbing one of the old ladies on my street before me.

In the boonies, they can get in and out without much attention. Probably during the day.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I keep everything locked. I've had my locked car broken into twice many years ago, but the thieves found nothing worth stealing. One time a coworker saw someone trying to take the wheels of my car when I was 18. He said they ran off when he yelled something him. What anyone would want with stock wheels from a 2001 PT Cruiser is beyond me.

My folks in League City used to keep their cars unlocked but doing so got them robbed last year. They took the garage door opener from the truck, opened the garage and stole everything they could from it. Somehow my folks and their dog slept through it all. Luckily the thieves never went in the door to the house from the garage because of course it too was unlocked. They hit up several houses on their street that night.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

There have been a rash of these in my neighborhood too. All victims had their cars unlocked. One guy had his laptop and cellphone in his unlocked car parked in the street. And he was truly perplexed as to how this could possibly happen. :confused:

If you have a garage, I don't get why you wouldn't park your car in it every night. Especially if you keep your laptop in it and don't lock it. I'm referring to my neighbors, not the OP.

Hope they catch these fools. They actually caught the kids who did it in our neighborhood because of a similar video to yours. Turns out it was some dumb high school kids.

11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I have a garage AND I lock my doors. I thought that was common practice. I also lock the doors to my house AND have an alarm system.

12. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Looks like some b****ass high school kids with nothing better to do. I wish someone with a gun had woken up and started picking them off one by one. Scared them ****less.

13. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Your dad killed someone over a truck? No insurance?

14. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Luckily my Dad whopped my ass when he saw me steal a pack of gum from Randalls back in the day. He waited till I got home then he lifted me upside down causing the gum to fall out and proceeded to give me a mean ass spanking. That was a super influential punishment that stayed with me for life. I hate stealing and I hate thieves.

15. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

sounds like he did his civic duty and ventilated a couple of thieves.

16. Xerobull

Talked to the neighbor's daughter a few minutes ago. The thieves got an Assault Rifle and Shotgun out of their cousin's truck.

She also may have a lead via social networking on the kid in the video. I'm waiting on screenshots, etc.

17. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I'm going to be controversial for a second and say that if you keep your firearms in an unlocked vehicle, you probably shouldn't be allowed to own guns.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

My neighbors won't let me talk to their daughters

19. Xerobull

Fair comment, IMO. One of my neighbors also started asking the cops about the legality of blasting someone stealing stuff in the street. My thought was 'if you have to ask, you shouldn't be shooting'.

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

So you're pro death penalty for theft? :eek:

Just so I get this right, do the shop owners shoot the kids who are shoplifting? Or only if they are competitive marksmen with a small arsenal in the back office?

:rolleyes:

On the original post, I have done a fair amount of investigative work and come up with a solution to the cars getting broken into: lock the car.