1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video: Chase Budinger 4th quarter slam

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

This one is explooooooooooooosive! :D

2. soydeedo

soydeedo Member

Speaking of Ariza, what was his deal with the picks? Everyone else could see them 3 seconds before they happened, but Ariza ran into them pretty hard at least 3 or 4 times. It was kinda sad to see.

3. soydeedo

soydeedo Member

I thought Ariza did alright at the outset of the first quarter and didn't really commit any large blunders until the second. I know what you mean, though - I started feeling a little uneasy each time I saw him hold onto the ball for longer than a couple seconds towards the end of the half too. I was a little more optimistic than being certain of failure, but I wasn't comfortable. I guess Lowry got a good pep talk/thrashing from Adelman during halftime.

4. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

There are guys less athletic than Tmac that can dribble well (Mike Miller, Magic Johnson, etc), so I don't buy it.

You can't get good at it unless you try. I also think he needs to hire some scrubs and play defense on him in his personal workouts. A little 1 on 2 can do some wonders. He also needs feedback from a teammate (TMac) or personal coach. I think the coaches on the team are too worried about the overall (as they should be) rather than the individual.

5. SixthSense

SixthSense New Member

I dunno if this is thread worthy (I can't start one anyway, so someone please do):

C-bud is mentioned in Rookie of the Year talk:

I dunno how to quote either (hope this works) xD

HTML:
    http://www.nba.com/rookies/

6. akuma

akuma Member

all this talk about traveling... you are allowed (unwritten but generally understood) a third step or jump (or any forward leg movement) when you go to the basket. how many times have you seen a player take one bounce (like Hakeem) and then take two complete steps and jump toward the basket? it's very hard to do with just one complete step. the refs never make that call except maybe against rookies or when balancing out bad calls from the other team.

7. dlite316

dlite316 Member

awesome dunk...long way to go for the rookie...

8. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

That actually could have been 5 steps. Not complaining though... :cool:

9. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

You could tell he was nervous at the beginning of the game. I'm sure that's why his shot was off because when you get nervous like that a lot of times your just going thru the motions instead of feeling it. Plus the two bad turnovers at the beginning of the game, we didn't see that in the per-season.

In the 4th quarter you could see he was finally started to feel more comfortable. He played smart basketball, not bad D and deflected some ball and such.

I think we are looking at a really nice season from him, I think his BB IQ really shows.

Has anyone else noticed how well him and Anderson seem to play together?

1 person likes this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Great observation, I think Cbud makes a lot of his teamates better.

DD

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Andersen is the one with the 8 straight championships. Maybe he makes Budinger better? :)

12. rowson

rowson Member

There is no doubt that he traveled... but hell yeah,nba is where nobody travels right now...

13. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

can steve novak do ths?????!!!!!!!!!!!

(insert "another tall wing guys name" here) for comparisons. . . . . . .

nope.....chase is in a league of his own when it comes to white swingmen right now...(ok maybe except mike miller =p)

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I like his fluid motion in getting to the basket .. . Go C-Bud!

Rocket River

15. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

man the black chicks are gonna love chase! (most definately the white chicks too!) :cool: