1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Chandler Parsons tip slam on JaVale McGee 1/16/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Nobody hits 100% of their draft picks, especially when we are talking about low 1st rounders and 2nd rounders-- where the typical "hit rate" (i.e. a guy becoming a regular rotation player) is something like 20-30%.

So, the fact that the Rockets missed on a draft pick is not something shocking at all, the fact that he actually got regular rotation guys like Budinger (who kind of regressed this season, but is still a legitimate part of the rotation, and a starter earlier this year and late last season), AB, Landry and now Parsons out of low 1st round and 2nd round picks (along with mistakes on Batum, Arthur, Jermaine Taylor and Dorsey) means the team is batting above league average and the homework that they do has paid some dividends.

BTW, the fact that the Rockets front office does have misses should be considered by those who think tanking is a great option due to the fact that, unlike some stupid front offices, this one will not mess up a top draft pick. EVERY front office can miss on with a draft pick, including high draft picks and , even when it comes to front offices that do their homework.

#101 Carl Herrera, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

It's amazing how Parsons starts running in from the arc so early. He knew that Scola wasn't going to throw any fakes or jukes and go straight for his shot attempt.

3. xAliceInChains

I think it was part everything falling into place but it seems Scola really likes to mentor Parsons, I've seen multiple times Scola in Parsons ear on the bench, more than I see anyone talking.

Maybe just me, but I think Scola has taken Parsons under his wing

4. AFS

AFS Member

Scola has many things, but wings are not among them. :)

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

The interesting thing is that Parsons is everything Washington had hoped that Jan Vesely could be. Vesley has just returned from injury and has only played 5 NBA games but looks fairly lost so far. (I didn't see todays game though)

Parsons will start hitting jump shots. It might take a year or so. I have never seen a player so adept at the tip slam.

Great pickup by Morey.

6. Dei

Dei Member

No, take off your homer glasses.

7. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

This guy's predraft measurements are not that impressive at all. How does he get up so high in real games?

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Even if so, this one was minor ....not a major incident.

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Javale didn't get mad. Do you think he is cool with nuts in his mouth?

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I agree that he can't be 100% accurate, but people act as if him picking up good players every few years after pick 20 is an amazing feat that no other GM accomplishes. Second, people tend for gloss over how bad the 2008 draft was considering the players that were taken around the players Morey selected. Maybe I am letting the performance from Batum the other night stick in my head too much...

12. zigzag

zigzag Member

Once again,not mentioned in Today's top 10.
    WTF

13. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

I love how he keeps crashing the boards. This all good but he still shouldnt be starting. We need a legit starting SF and Parsons would be great for us off the bench.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Before that we need to find someone plays good D, is under control and assist. The perfect Back up PG so Kyle get a well deserved rest.

15. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tell it to Morey, who actually wanted to tank. For some reason he looked at the options and liked the odds... ;)

On topic: Parsons adds a lot to the team game. He is exciting to watch. I hope he develops. I find it more fun to watch the team win young.

16. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

17. Roxs-Redemption

What about SportCenter top10?

18. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

19. HOUROCKETS713

HOUROCKETS713 Member

20. Nero

Nero Member

My favorite part of the video is McGee standing there flailing away with his arms like.. like.. well, I was GONNA say '..like he just walked into a giant spider web..', but really, I think it would be more accurate to say:

He was standing there flailing away.. '..like some dude was hanging over him, performing a 360-degree vertical elevated nut-swirly on his dome, and he can't get away from it..'

Yeah.. it was kind of like that