1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Chandler Parsons tip slam on JaVale McGee 1/16/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Roxs-Redemption

360 turn on the hoop LOLs!

2. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Chandler BANG!!

1 person likes this.
  3. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

He was swinging away from McGee, and McGee followed him.
    Totally unintentional.

Lucky he could hang on the rim as long as he did, or he would have landed right on McGee.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm trying to remember the last time we had a forward who cleaned up misses at the basket this consistently. This is getting ridiculously cool. The cat just has amazing control when he's in the air. It's instinctive. You can't teach it. His defense is outstanding, and he can cover multiple positions. If Parsons can just become decent shooting some midrange jumpers, and hit the corner trey enough for the other team to think about it, he could have this spot in the rotation nailed for years. The topper? We've needed someone just like Chandler seemingly forever. And this doesn't have to be CP versus Chase. I think they compliment each other well, and will get better in the future. Bud gives a different look at the spot, and if he gets hot, he can rack up the baskets, and we need that.

This is something I didn't expect at all. Funny how each season surprises. Good to have a nice surprise for a change.

Whoops, forgot one thing. Have whoever worked with Chuck on his free throws work with Parsons. Gotta fix that.

5. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

Clutch needs to start an ultra efficient chandler parsons tip slam thread. That dunk was dirty.

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Watching him play against the sixth overall pick in Jan Vesely and just dominating him amuses me greatly. He needs to shoot a million threes over the summer though.

I am still shocked when people want to fire Morey. He pulls this stuff every draft and we still haven't even seen what D-Mo and MarMo can do yet.

7. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

LOL, yeah, McGee followed him!

McGee was walking to take the ball out as bigs usually do and he had to literally toss Parsons' sack off of his face.

8. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Man, who would have thought that Parsons would be one of our most exciting players this year. I didn't.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I can't wait for D-Mo.

That guy can play, but I doubt we'll be bringing him here anytime soon until one of our PFs are traded.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Seriously. I even barfed when I heard we got this kid (Y we noes get Center?!?). LOL is it just me or does Parson look like a top 10 lottery pick? Take away his 2nd round status, and after Derrick Williams is there any other forward performing as well as he does? He even gets highlight reels every game!

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

D-MO is another pick which will surprise people, I think even Morey surprised himself with how good D-mo is performing overseas. I think he set the euroleague record for rebs in a game, and he established himself as one of the best players in Euroleague (cue OHMSSSSS). If D-Mo didn't declare last year he'd probably be top 10 this year. Well maybe not considering how deep the big men draft are, but he'll be lottery for sure.

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Hill won't be back next year. I'm almost positive of that. I'm tired of the Rockets stashing players in Europe and never bringing them over. What happened to guard from Spain? Its always "maybe next year" with him.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lull? We might see him next year, esp. if we let go of Dragic and T-will. We don't have a backup pg. I don't know if Hill won't be back, I kinda' like his play as a backup C/PF. Flynn, Thabeet oth....

14. aicedo

aicedo Member

CHANDLER BANG!!!
    [​IMG]

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I believe LLull was expected to be in europe for at least 2 years...this year was probably the first year we could have expected him, so right now his arrival has only been pushed back a season.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I wonder if Llull is better than Dragic.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He won't be the scorer Dragic is but he is much more in control.

18. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Talent wise, seems like a push. But, Llull's actually more of a SG, so I'm not sure how his game would translate to the NBA. Keep in mind, he's only 6'3''.

Llull's averaging 9 & 4 in about 23 MPG w/ Real Madrid in Liga ACB action and 7 & 3 in about 20 MPG in Euroleague competition... he just turned 24 two months ago (1.5 years younger than Goran). He's scoring at a slightly lower clip than he did the past 2 seasons (his 3PT % has dropped significantly -- 48% in '09-10, 42% in '10-'11, 28% in '11-'12). Also, he's a career 80% FT shooter, but he's hovering around 60% this season. Thus far, it's been a down year for Llull, and Real Madrid's already halfway through w/ their season.

Here's Sam Hinkie, Rockets VP of Basketball Ops, breaking down film on Llull...

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0I6954IBFEc" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Just FYI....He hasn't drafted a player this good legit 6th man/starter since 2007. If Parsons can continue to develop a 3pt shot then this might make up for the horrible 2008 draft where he traded down from Batum to select Greene and Dorsey. Yes, I know we got lucky with the Donte Greene trade for Artest, but that doesn't mean it was a good pick.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Thanks, very informative post. Have to spread it around first...