1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Chandler Parsons tip slam on JaVale McGee 1/16/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2012.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yeah, I don't want to press the Battier comparison too far, because Parsons has a clear edge as an athlete and is more coordinated, etc. I agree, he has more upside than Battier did.

I'm just reminded of Battier because of his ability to make smart plays all over the floor. He has great defensive timing. And while Battier never tip-slammed the ball like Parsons has done, in his Grizzlies days he did regularly sneak in for tip ins (or tip outs) off misses.

2. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

DAAAAAAAANG! THAT MOVE WAS SO NASTY, I HAD TO SWITCH TO p*rn WHEN MY ROOMMATE WALKED INTO THE ROOM

3 people like this.
  3. OremLK

OremLK Member

I hesitate to apply the Battier comparison not just because Parsons is longer and more athletic, but also because his defensive skill is lower (his length helps make up for it some) and he isn't as good of a shooter. They're just not the same players.

I still like the "Trevor Ariza with bball IQ" comparison more, honestly.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I've been saying he's got Boki's body, but Battier's mind and skills. Nachbar had his moments when he was Parsons before there was a Parsons. He just didn't have the same focus and consistency.

5. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Perfect comparison, still think Parson is more athletic that Boki was. The big difference to me is that when Parsons offense isn't clicking he's still a plus defensively. As a rookie right now he's already a solid 2 way player.

6. passdarock

passdarock Member

Battier and Parson, two completely different players in all aspects of their games. Reading into their minds and skills is crazy!

7. Junebball

Junebball Member

The best part of his game today was when McHale switched him on John Wall. He more than stood on his own, and he went with him toe to toe. He really slowed him down. I like him a lot

1 person likes this.
  8. eman

eman Contributing Member

DM, if there's any way you can get Batum in a Rocket uniform, and put him on the court alongside Parsons and Dalembert and Kyle and Pat... Man, that's some long-Jesus-hoseclamp D right there!

9. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

WTF?!?

AGAIN?!?

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

His shot still seems inconsistent, but I like how he always follows the shot and is always looking to attack some how. He also completely looks unafraid to try to create something every now and then when he identifies a mismatch. I like what I see so far.

11. durvasa

The results are pretty consistent. I can't remember the last time he hit a jump shot. The Charlotte game?

12. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

13. acjeitherocket

i went crazy when i saw this live lol

14. Entropy

Entropy Member

Also notice how everyone on the bench exploded except Budinger, who remained sitting down.

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The best part of this is that we have him locked up for several years for virtually nothing :).

1 person likes this.
  16. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

This guy is gold. Real good find.

17. durvasa

The ESPN highlights of the game has that stupid McGee backboard dunk (which was followed by a 16-4 Rockets run), but Parsons's tea bag slam didn't make it.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Well, Bud got blocked by...was that T-Will?

19. cod

cod Member

LOL, 360 nut rub

20. mario713

mario713 Rookie

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fsaqR6EO-lI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>