1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Chandler Parsons speaks on return to Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 6, 2011.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Just wondering, where is that info from?

2. Dei

Dei Member

Are you gay? Why do you care so much?

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He didn't get a roster invite so he knew what he was doing. The small forward spot is jammed and this kid I guess was hoping for some trades or some injuries.

4. Dei

Dei Member

Great attitude from him. I'm rooting for him. I just don't know how Morey'll handle the 3-4 spots if Parsons turns out solid.

4: Scola, Patterson, Morris, Parsons
    3: Budinger, Morris, T-Will, Parsons

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

...or female?

6. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Sure, they'd like him to sign in Europe, but they can't force him to do that. If they don't sign him this season, they'll lose his rights.

The real reason for not signing him just yet is cap room. He currently counts $0 against the cap. If he signs a contract, it'll cut the Rockets' cap room by at least $475k or so.

Also, by waiting this out until the Rockets can decide what to do with--or whether to use--their cap room, Parsons could potentially line up a larger, "Budinger-like" contract using either cap room or a portion of the MLE.

7. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

While you are here Bima, with Nene out of the equation, what do you predict the Rockets will do center wise?

They surely can't expect to go with either Hill or Thabeet.

What are some trade targets out there?

8. delishman

delishman Member

Al Jefferson anyone?

9. sonnyiztheone

sonnyiztheone Member

what is his record in Europe? anyone know?

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is at camp, with no contract - McHale even talked about feeling sorry for the guy, meanwhile we keep bringing in camp fodder and leaving him unsigned.

Why?

I read somewhere that Chandler's agent was trying to force the Rockets to sign him THIS year, and this may be simply a guy caught in the middle.

He can't sign a basketball contract without the Rockets keeping his rights, so he is sort of stuck, or he could simply not sign and go back in the draft I think, or be a free agent next year.

DD

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

not me.

12. cod

cod Member

Why are people clamoring for an undersized C who plays poor defense?

13. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

luv this guy! Go Rockets!

14. delishman

delishman Member

Because if the alternative is Sammy D's 8/8/2 for 8 million.. I'd go ahead and make the play for the 20/10/2 guy at a position we literally have no one playing. That's just me though.

I'd rather see us tank but if the Rockets are set on being relevant now, which was cool with Pau Gasol and Nene but not as cool with Dalembert and Scola, Al Jefferson is on the very short-list of decent players left.

Back on topic..

Great contract for the Rockets. Let's hope this kid can be something, anything.

15. DaDakota

Well I guess his agent forced the Rockets hand...

DD

16. CXbby

CXbby Member

Again with this nonsense. They signed him to a deal comparable to a FIRST round pick(with 2 guaranteed years). If they didn't like him or thought he had a very good chance to stick, why not offer him the standard second round deal?

Look, we already went through this last year with Brooks/Lowry. Just because it is becoming clearer and clearer that Budinger is on his way out, don't make the same mistake and feel threatened by the guys taking his spot again. You will look silly.

17. DaDakota

Again you miss my point, I did not say they didn't like him...It just feels like Morey would have preferred he stay in Europe for a year, as he will just be end of the bench fodder with our overcrowded roster.

D-league is where he will be for quite a bit...probably with your boy Morris.

DD

18. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

Blah Blah Blah -- Go put your headset on and climb back into your closet. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  19. DaDakota

Do what?

;)

DD

20. Possum

Possum Member

I freakin hate when they show the same play over and over. I don't need to see the same play from sixteen different angles. If you can't find enough highlights of a player to fill a short YouTube video then maybe that player doesn't deserve one.