1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Chandler Parsons Putback Slam

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Jan 17, 2012.

1. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Or the "Round the World" teabagging.

2. Dei

Dei Member

I sure as hell hope it's genuine rather than him reading the comments here about him sulking.

3. Dei

Dei Member

Who was Clyde referring to when he said "he's going to be special"?

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

hes good for one of these a game....

5. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Thabeet's facial expression looks like he don't even care if he gets playing time or not.

6. dragician

dragician Member

Thanks. The best so far...

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

I haven't totally been keeping up with the Rockets this season (I know, I know...) but based on the box scores of games, it doesn't seem like Parsons is really good.

Why is he starting over Marcus Morris? Is Morris not a good pick either? Is there just not a better forward to fit in our starting 5 than Parsons?

8. mclawson

mclawson Member

Basketball isn't like baseball and the box score rarely tells the whole story.

Parsons does almost everything well (streaky shooter is a knock on him), he plays within himself, doesn't make too many mistakes, plays smart, plays good individual and team defense, gets a nice tip dunk almost every game, distributes the ball well, rebounds, and has a high bball IQ. Watch a game or two.

9. VanityHalfBlack

The Swirly nuts on Mcgee's head was his best one yet...

10. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

so good even supposed pouter T-Will got up

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Seriously since he has been starting he has one of these in every game but I think one, and in that one he flew by one as it bounced on the rim and went in...so he was there if it came out.

Amazing...I love the SF combo too.....

DD

12. zilches

zilches Member

Nominated for the most clueless post of the season. Just kidding.

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I can't recall a white guy having that many highlight dunks this early in his career. Nice.

If Parsons works on his 3-ball and mid-range shots during next summer, this guy is going to be unbelievable!

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Parsons has been really good. I think the only thing hasn't done well is shoot the ball. His lack of confidence in shooting the ball also has caused him to hesitate now and then, which has hurt the offense some. But everything else he has been either very solid or better than solid. You probably just have to watch him play to understand it (though, even with the bad shooting, he still has an above average PER which doesn't even capture many of the good things he's doing defensively).

15. bcast89

bcast89 Member

I think this was a little bit sicker than the one he had on McGee; it was with one hand. I nearly spat out my dinner when I saw this

16. entaro

entaro Member

You can see his timing is impeccable... he waited and waited and then BOOM...

1 person likes this.
  17. rwienert

rwienert Contributing Member

In all seriousness, is there an NBA player with a better highlight reel than Chandler Parsons so far this season???

18. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

amazing he does this every night..

19. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Impressive for a rookie. Hopefully it only keeps getting better from here.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Has to be...Parsons dunks aren't that great. It has more to do with how consistently they have happened and that he's a 2nd round rookie.

And has bud always "celebrated" like this? I want to say it's because Parsons took his spot, but maybe i just forgot he never celebrates much?