1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Chandler Parsons - 20 Points Vs Bobcats (1.10.12)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by batkins, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

That is one bad ass player. I was very impressed. I met his cousin (pretty good looking) a few months back when I was visiting some friends in Austin. She told me then he was going to he really good and was surprised I knew who he was. Cool stuff.

2. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I've heard CP in an interview compare his game to Odom's--just a do-it-all guy. He impacts the game in many many ways.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Make a cool story, bro! thread out of it

4. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

He could be Gerald Wallace, to Scottie Pippen. I was wondering why Parsons get more minutes than Morris, or even TWill, now I know. He is a lot better than Budinger, a lot quicker and a lot more determination. Chandler has deceiving speed, I think the NBA doesn't know probaly still don't know. Michael Jordan is probaly eating his heart out because we got the type of player he wanted, but failed big time in Adam Morrison. If he gets more time at the FT line, he is ROY. Thank You McHale for playing him and in Morey, we trust.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Michael Jeffrey selected Kemba and Biyombo.

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

FIXED* and your right!

7. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

With any luck he could be the next Chase Budinger.

8. pge71188

pge71188 Member

That's not a good thing anymore

9. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Surprisingly I can't think of any weakness in his game other than strength and stamina could be better.

He's already better than David Lee and Landry Fields with his total package. He's a future allstar caliber player if developed well.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see that...

I see 12 points, 7-8 boards, 3-4 assists, some steals, some blocks, some threes...

I love him to death, but I don't see an allstar...

11. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Obviously your homer glasses need a new prescription...

12. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

He's not there yet. His offensive game alone is very comparable to early stage of David Lee/Landry Fields, and that wouldn't make him an allstar. But his impact(add defense/rebounding/assists...) is already bigger than anyone not named Lowry on the team.

He'll hit rookie wall with heavy minutes this season, so it'll be a couple more seasons before he can really produce at high levels night in and night out. The other night he defended Durant well but barely had anything left for offense. I'd say the potential is there.

The thing I'm certain is that every coach would love to have such a versatile/complete young player. He almost can play any position in my mind, but sf maybe the best position for him.

13. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Didnt watch the game but someone tweeted (feigan or someone) that battier broke down on defense 8 % of the time and parsons 9% so far...

apparently the rockets are more high on his d then anything.

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

obviously another 2nd round steal by Morey. Bud, Landry, and Parsons are all genuine rotational players (solid role players at the very least). And who knows how good Lull will end up being. Morey owns the draft!

15. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I totally agree.

I am really interested to see how he looks guarding SG's...

I think we could really go big at times.

16. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Now we NEED Marcus Morris and Patrick Patterson to PROVE THEMSELVES!!!

17. Nero

Nero Member

He has now proved early on that he CAN have that kind of performance.

Everyone please keep in mind that we were playing the Bobcats, which is one of the few teams right now that can make you actually feel better about being a Rockets fan.

However, objectively looking at the kid's performance, the things he did were things he could do against any team - play quick heads-up defense, knock down open shots, aggressively go after rebounds and put-backs, and slash to the basket *and actually finish*.

So, it's now not going to be a matter of *can he do it?*, but consistency is what we will be looking for. Lowry and Scola bring consistency. If Parsons can get to the point where he brings that same consistency every night, then that will be the time when we can all legitimately say 'what a steal!'

And believe me, I hope he does. I have enjoyed watching him play - how many of you wore out the rewind button on the DVR after that put-back slam last night? And the real telling point is, when he was out of the game, I found myself thinking 'Cmon McHale! Put the kid back in! We *need* him in the game!'

Which other player have you felt that way about lately?

Anyone think that there is some serious behind-the-scenes discussion on nudging Morris into the 4? If Parsons keeps this up, there are going to be some issues down the road with Morris and Patterson - those three guys can't all end up starting. So what's the best-case scenario? Parsons ends up being a 6th-man extraordinaire?

Oh well, at least there is now something a little more interesting to focus in on this year other than a slow painful trek to a mid-lottery pick.

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

We're not going to get a mid lottery pick. At worst we'll be in the back of the lottery, and I think there's about a 50/50 chance we'll make the playoffs. We're a lot better than teams like the Bobcats, and really, we're better than approximately half of the teams in the league.

People just aren't understanding that our schedule has been insanely tough to start the season... it gets better. A lot better.

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

I dont see it as luck when you pay to get to (or back to in this case) a certain spot in the 2nd round of the draft in order to draft the specific player you targeted. That's not luck, it is skill.

20. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

The Chandle Parsons Project

bhahaha...

good vid Clutch.