1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Aaron Brooks hits three to force overtime

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Entropy

Entropy Member

Brooks is capable of making great plays. But he's not consistent at it enough, and his flaws on the other end are so infuriating as to almost make his other plays moot. When the going gets tough, he's shown his inability to think clearly and make the right play, leading to multiple turnovers. I stand by my stance that it's better for the rockets team if he be traded while his stock is high.

That being said, he greatly contributed to our win last night.

2. potato head

potato head Member

have i said i love bill worrell?

i love bill worrell.

3. smuduffy

smuduffy Member

Lowry isn't going to take or make that shot, so all you Brooks haters that just throw him into trade packages, remember what you'll be missing next year when game is on the line and the PG on the court can't hit the 3 that we need (or at least be a good option).

4. Entropy

Entropy Member

I'd rather trade away 3 turnovers in a row in exchange for not having that made 3.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Brooks has his weaknesses, and there are pg's in this league than can shut Brooks down. We saw it in Chicago.

But being able to hit clutch shots is something this team sorely needs, so it's good to have him. Now we just need someone else to be able to do it from the perimeter and we have a team that can win in the playoffs (with Yao's return).

6. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

Yes, but Rondo is a great player defensively and I am not sure Brooks commited all of those turnovers I do remember 1 or 2.... The other team is able to leave Lowry open at the 3 creating less space for other players, brooks can get Scola and other players open looks by spacing the floor... nonetheless I am proud to be a rocket fan, we showed lots of heart winning that game...

7. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

Compliments mean more when they come from your opponent.
    In this case, these are compliments that came from the Celtic Play by Play guys. For what its worth, Announcer 2 was more of a homer with regard to complaining about calls all night. But he did give Brooks some very nice compliments on his game tying shot...

----
    Announcer 1: Houston needs a three to tie. This is the guy who will probably take it. Brooks. Does. Buries it! With 9 seconds to go. Full timeout taken by Boston.

Announcer 2: I'll tell you, Tony Allen was right on his shooting hand. Watch his come over. Left hand up and everything. Right there. I mean, that was not a three, that was a five point shot. He was two or three feet beyond the arc. And it had so much arc on it that it came down and through the net with ice on it.

1 person likes this.