1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Aaron Brooks - 7 Three Pointers Vs Grizzlies (3.17.10)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by batkins, Mar 18, 2010.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yes, typo on my part. Thanks

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The best part about him is his ability to bounce back quickly after having a few bad games. He doesn't get much credit for that.

3. BarkleyHater84

Wow. Some of those shots were DEEP! Also, nice sig uploader!

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

So what was your point, wekko? That Gallo is a good three-point shooter, but Aaron Brooks is better and shoots more of them? That's exactly what I was saying, nobody shoots as high volume as AB and still hits as many as he does. In fact, he leads the league in three point shots made.

5. wekko368

wekko368 Member

My point is that Brooks is not the only volume 3 pt shooter with a good %. Gallo has shot almost as many and is making them at a respectable clip.

Brooks has attempted the most 3 pointers out of anyone in the league. Even if he were shooting 5% from behind the arc, there would still be no one who shoots as high volume as AB and hits as many as he does.

Your point is meaningless.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

AB is one of the best young players in the NBA, and we got lucky to get him with the 26th pick.

So many teams wish they had him.

It would be interesting to see who went in that draft and do a do-over...and see where AB went....no doubt lottery.

DD

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

It's meaningless that Brooks leads the league in three pointers made while shooting an excellent percentage? I don't think so. A lot of those shots are from a yard behind the three point or are contested shots.

A guy like Shane Battier has had a number of years where he shot a higher percentage than Brooks is shooting this year. Does that make him a better three point shooter? No, it doesn't, because he takes relatively few attempts, limiting his tries to shots which aren't contested. He rarely even comes close to making a shot that isn't wide open.

Brooks is willing to shoot those contested or deep shots a couple times per game because he knows it's still a play with a reasonable level of efficiency, because he's a better three point shooter than Shane Battier.

If he never took contested shots and only shot from right at the line, mostly in the corner, like most high percentage three point shooters, his 3P% would skyrocket and I think there's a very good chance he would lead the league in that category or at least be in the top five.

As it is, he may well provide the most overall production from behind the three point line of any player in the league. I don't know, because I haven't calculated it, but I'm sure he is high up there.

8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

No, but that's not what you said earlier. No worries though. Just choose your words more carefully next time.

9. petechillcutt

petechillcutt Member

Its called having a great player...no one tells kobe, bron, wade, melo to quit shooting because they make big shots for their team. I guarantee you ask any of the 10 other guys on the team and they'll tell you they want AB to pull it whenever he wants.