1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[vid]Yao Ming workout video during May 2010

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BaiHua, May 14, 2010.

1. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

I wasn't intending to check out this vid before I read this. Thanks. :grin:

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Is that how it works?

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Lower body wise it was very very light.Upper body wise :( . He did 2 of the same exercises for triceps as if triceps aren't getting worked enough with the dumbell presses. Overall, I see another injury coming :eek: .

4. sw847

sw847 Member

It is great to see the big fella working so hard. Injuries aside, his work ethic is admireable.

5. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Yao at the end of that video, "What else".

Whatever flaws Yao has in his game and whatever disappointments he's had with injuries, I think it's fair to say that Yao has never given anything less than 100% effort. I can't imagine the amount of mental toughness and dedication it takes to rehab from major injuries 3 to 4 times in your career. And not only does Yao rehab himself from his injuries, but he really takes it to the limit by being in as good of shape as humanly possible.

The fact that his body has continually betrayed him is truly a travesty.

1 person likes this.
  6. RocketGZ

RocketGZ Member

Great to see the Big Fella working hard. But man, 3 hours 5 days a week... that's some massive overtraining. Recovery work must be an additional hour on top of that.

7. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

That was hilarious that he sat on the floor to use the lat pull down machine. And yeah, Yao is one big dude.

8. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

This video reflects why Morey and the organization believe Yao will return to close to 100% next season and are still building around him. We can now be confident of that as well (if in Morey you trust).

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

That machine J-Taylor was using... isn't that the POS machine they try to sell you in those infomercials at 3am?

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yao wears some thin ass socks on his feet.....i prefer the thick comfy cushiony ones

11. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Yao is looking good. I can't wait what's in store next year.

12. PeacePeace

PeacePeace Member

Man, I think this puts a certain level of speculation to rest. By observing the video, he has definitively had substantial progress in his rehabilitation and it seems we can be confident that he will return to the court for sure. To what degree of effectiveness I feel is yet to be determined.

Peace.

13. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Man i still cringe when he does jumps, can they get him in a swimming pool and tell him to lose some weight first?

14. Raven

Raven Member

It's hard to believe that he's been gone a year.

15. MandM's

MandM's Member

i think we all need to shut up and wait.....looks like Yao have done ok without us critiquing everything up to now

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

This, and only this.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

uh, what? His injuries hardly had anything to do with the actual exercises he was doing or not doing. They have all been leg/foot related, which has to do with his size, not lack of upper body strength or or core strength.

And the vid was a few minutes of what, a 3 hr workout? I'm sure he did a lot more we didnt see. There's nothing wrong with isolating the triceps, even after doing presses. In fact, that's the correct thing to do.

I think a lot of it is physical theraphy type stuff to regain mobility in joints that havent been moved around much since surgery. Although difficult, it probably doesnt include any or not much load, so it shouldnt overtrain him.

when he was sliding? Yeah, they sell something similar on Tv, but it's actually a legit workout for basketball since it mimics a defensive slide. A lot of teams use it.

18. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Yao is gonna come back a beast!.. and show again he's the best center in today's game. Who needs Bosh when you have Yao???... and Scola.

19. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

Yeah, cause Yao has been a beacon of health and durability over his career.

20. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

I can't wait to see Yao dominating all the big man in NBA!