1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[VICE] What's really annoying about the Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, Feb 10, 2015.

1. dream2franchise

Well this seems a little mean...

https://sports.vice.com/article/whats-really-annoying-about-the-houston-rockets/?utm_source=vicesportstwitter

"There are any number of reasons to hate the Rockets, all equally petty and all more or less reasonable as far as this stuff goes. There is GM Daryl Morey and his King Nerd Rockstar posturing, and the pre-emptive genuflection that follows his every move. There is Dwight Howard's neverending and unstintingly corny Dwight Howard-ness. And there is James Harden's flopping addiction, the frequent occasions when Patrick Beverley's intensity becomes a health risk to all those near him, and so teeth-grindingly on. These are just the players, though, and for all their various issues it may be that it's the Rockets' system, and their success with it, that's really most irritating, here."

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/moisekapenda">@moisekapenda</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/VICESports">@VICESports</a> They hate us cause they aint us. <a href="http://t.co/mbtxvoZEnk">pic.twitter.com/mbtxvoZEnk</a></p>&mdash; alanshow (@alanshow) <a href="https://twitter.com/alanshow/status/565301462239309825">February 11, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I agree with the context of the article...that said, only ROx fans are allowed to say crap like this.

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. Breaker

Breaker Member

whats really annoying is how we keep losing to chit team that we shouldn't be losing to

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Whiny little girl article.

7. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Of course you agree, you are an anti Morey idiot who freaked out over us not trading for Mo freaking Williams lol.

1 person likes this.
  8. hotballa

shrug, he dropped the ball. Mo would have filled a lot of our holes at a very cheap price. when the deadline comes and goes and the Gorgi wet dream doesn't happen, I'll just bump my thread just like I do every year to remind the Moridiots that their Stat god needs to stop trying to build his roster like it's NBA 2K.

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

look at this dip****

[​IMG]

10. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Nobody hates the T-wolves.

11. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

We are more relevant now than we have been in a long time thanks to Morey. People like you have unreasonable expectations and think you know how to construct a team while still having a vision for the future in a cap friendly way better than Morey. /shrug

12. hotballa

I am the guy saying Morey should try to sign veteran FAs on the cheap to support our nucleus while his fans are waving the Chris Bosh banner...and I'm the one with unrealistic expectations? cmon man

13. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

No, you are the one bashing Morey for the way he is building this team. Im saying you are an idiot who thinks he knows better than Morey.

14. bmd

bmd Member

This really isn't true. The Rockets generally beat teams they are supposed to beat. They don't have a problem where they lose to crappy teams. They take care of business.

15. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Lol vice? Since when did they actually follow sports as opposed to reporting on random stories?

16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

How many times does he have to prove people wrong?

First it was this asset circle jerk will never end in getting a star player and no big name will sign here.

Then Harden happened. Then Dwight happened.

Then before the season started the whole pitchfork mob was up screaming that Morey doesn't value role players. He just doesn't get it they screamed. Then he filled out the roster pretty nicely.

I just don't see how you can see what he has done with the roster to say he builds it like 2k. He takes calculated risks and has backup plans for when they don't come through. We were lotto bound with the departure of Parsons Lin and Asik and Bosh sticking in Miami. Again he was an idiot who swung for the fences and whiffed. How did that all turn out? 4th best record in the league you say? How the F did that happen?

I swear some people expect our 3rd string guys to be legit rotation level players at every single position. This crap isn't possible. You people b**** and moan after every single meaningless player is signed or traded for. Hell there were people giving Morey serious heat for passing on Spencer freaking Hawes in the offseason. Do you realize how stupid this sounds?

No he is not perfect and has made some mistakes, but passing on Mo "he know what he did" Williams? Jesus Christ...

1 person likes this.
  17. hotballa

how can a guy have unrealistic expectations from a GM and expect to do better than him at the same time? Wouldn't I have to believe in him to have unrealistic expectations of him? If I believed that I knew better than him, wouldn't that mean I don't expect him to do anything worthwhile? which is it?

18. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

You are the one bashing Morey. He has made us relevant. Just because he didnt make a trade you wanted you are going to bash him? You have no idea how the negotiations went or what other things are cooking. You are bashing him from a position of ignorance.

19. hotballa

uh no. I b**** and moan when we miss out on PGs because it's obvious Morey undervalues that position. He builds it like a 2K roster because he's always looking for a superstar and always always tinkering with the roster. Talent matters a lot in winning, but chemistry also plays a role in it as well. He ignores the chemistry part and just focuses on acquiring and disposals. He's very good at the acquiring part, he just has no idea what to do afterwards. The only thing he can do is to do it again every year. It's like he's trying to stay relevant every year. He's a good wartime consigliere but right now, we need a Tom Hagan.

20. cbk41

cbk41 Member

I thought Vice was better than this. This reads like it came right out of a Gawker Media outlet.