1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Via Clutch Tweet] Adelman was in Portland yesterday testifying at son's DWI trial

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JeopardE, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I could see Tmac being the reason if Rick got a DWI. If I had to coach that whiny little girl I would start drinking, that's for sure.

2. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

GOOD news! It gives hope! :p

3. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

bingo

4. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

You guys are easily fooled. Adelman conspired this months in advance to miss practice, dont be fooled!

5. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

lol good one.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Adelman was dumb for blowing.

7. hjg877

hjg877 Member

Clearly David Adelman got bad advice. What he should have said at the trial:

"I was gonna drive around the corner and get a b**w job."

And then Rick could have corroborated:

"He then explained that she had given him a 'b**w job' one week earlier and said it was the best one he had ever had in his life."

8. That Boi Oz

That Boi Oz Member

No doubt about that! Hope things turn out well.

9. rockets018

rockets018 Member

Come on guys, he had the munchies and hit up Taco Bell. What's the big deal?

Haha just kidding, drinking and driving is a big deal. Glad more people are being put in the news for it. Serves them well and will make them think twice before doing it again. The image is all some stars/well known people have left.

10. thcdrummer007

thcdrummer007 Member

Instead of following the coach around to tattle on him, maybe the parents should realize that maybe their kid just isnt good at basketball....glad to know it wasnt personal that RA missed the practice on monday.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Maybe this is my "Cool Story Bro" contribution to the bbs for the month.

OMG. I have more info on this Adelman son thing, for those who like gossip.

I'm in Germany now, and this co-worker is in town, newly hired from the Portland office. We and others are out on the night in Stuttgart and you know how it is, eventually a moment arises to say you are a Houston Rockets fan. right!

I said it in jest when the topic turned to futbol, because I'm surrounded by Germans, English, Danish and Aussie's. I don't expect anyone to know who the Rockets are. But, yet, I forget one person at the table is this new girl from Portland.

She says, "Oh, your coach is Rick Adelman." No, not an Hakeem reference or Yao or how sexy Cuttino is...or whatever...but the name of the coach! I was stunned. And she says, "His son is an *******."

And it gets better.

She is dating John Lekas...the dude who hired the PI to track David Adelman as referenced in the OP link. haha I'm not kidding.

Here is her story: David Adelman is the coach of the HS team...rich kids private school I think. He is a drunk like Shooter of Hoosiers, yet not a tepid observer, but a hungover coach yelling at the kids,,,cursing them. Lekas decide to take this to the principal, who quickly dismisses him as a typical parent who b****es at the coach for more playing time for his kid.

So, this guy Lekas gets insulted and says "f!ck it" you want to ignore me, well, you can't. So everyone in the town knows David Adelman is a drunk like Shooter, and so Lekas hires a PI to tail him and catch him driving drunk. This night (referenced in the OP article) Adelman actually drove into a Taco Bell driveway the wrong way. So, the oregonive comments are like, "damn parents fighting with coaches and hiring PIs" vs "he did the community a service by taking a drunk off the roads."

It gets better.

The days Rick showed up at his sons DUI hearing (why would a parent testify for that???), Rick throws John Lekas against the wall and says "Stop f!cking with my sons life."

And it gets better,

Because of that and because the principal of the school is being a dick too, John puts a PI on the principal...married with kids.

Guess where she likes to hang out at????!!!!!!

David Adelman's apartment.

you can't make this up.

#31 heypartner, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  12. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Assuming the principal is a female too.

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

So not only is the guy a hopeless alcoholic, but he manages to keep himself functional enough still to bag a high school principal?

...Nice
    [​IMG]

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sometimes the internet just sucks.

DD

1 person likes this.
  16. heypartner

my co-worker gave me permission to write her story at cfans.net. I asked her once on Friday then again on Saturday. This is legit and fully permisable by the primary source.

this is all public info as far as she is concerned.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Permission does not mean it is factual or warranted, I am sure you have done some stupid crap that you would not like posted.

There is no consequences, people are anonymous and are free to post libelous or slanderous stuff, not thinking that maybe they shouldn't.

Again, sometimes the Internet sucks, people hide behind keyboards and post stuff theyvwould never say in person.

DD

18. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Thats what dads are supposed to do. Hope its no big problem for the Adelman family.

19. heypartner

It is already public info. I confirmed her stories. Dude was arrested on .14 in 2009, and he is/was dating the principal, and Rick flew in to testify.

The facts are there. The rest is letting her tell her story.

And it gets even more better

1 person likes this.
  20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Crazy story, though she is biased, no? Little Adelman sounds like quite the character.

#40 Mr. Clutch, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2011