1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Verizon to charge $2 to pay online/via phone

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rhadamanthus, Dec 29, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

Oh well at least it finally made me switch to autopay.

2. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Yep! It's awesome! texting via GV and calls via groove IP. It's pretty seamless now since you can use the native dialer and it;ll route through groove. Even the call log is combined. I've used 6 minutes in the last month and 7 minutes this month. At work they let us do a data only plan for the smartphones. I wonder if there is anything like that for consumers. If so I'd recommend it highly but ONLY if your data coverage is good in your area. I'm on Verizon so it's pretty stable so far. But even if I don't have data at least I can always fall back on CDMA for emergency calls.

3. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

From Qwikster, BOA and now this... I am liking that consumers are starting to fight back.

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

As a cell phone idiot, someone please explain to me how 100 minutes is enough on the Tmobile $30 unlimited plan?

5. Raven

Raven Member

Another example of why we need a government focused on consumer protection. Corporations are positively shameless when it comes to gouging, and it's going to keep getting worse until we start elected politicians who put our interest ahead of the lobbyist.

6. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

i'm guessing people are talking about how they use google voice, which allows you to make/receive calls over your data connection. that way you aren't using up your minutes. cell providers are obviously going to make you have a minutes and data plan so people get the cheapest minute plan since they won't use those up.

1 person likes this.
  7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I read about that, but is it true that it only works for local calls, and not long distance?

8. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Yeah, I've been very impressed by how it all works. Loved seeing the "99 minutes remaining" on my plan (I just used up that minute to setup Google Voice). All after including the multiple hour long calls to family during the last month.

Definitely not true, or at least I've not had any problems.

Has anyone used gVoice (for Android)? Up until this point, I think Groove IP has been the only app that allowed for this, but I think that app recently came out and does pretty much the same thing. Curious to see if it does anything better (or worse).

1 person likes this.