1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Vecsey: Rockets among teams interested in Michael Redd

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 24, 2005.

1. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

id be shocked if we were offering Howard AND Mutombo plus picks for redd

2. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Damon to the Rockets... like it was yesterday. Who was in that trade package again? I remember Elie and Willis, anyone else?

3. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

they got the RJ trade right after the 5th time

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

The Lakers thought they had a Championship wrapped up last year, when they had 4 HOFers..

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i was talking about this yesterday with some guys at lunch. the first ESPN "it's already happened" trade i remeber was Kemp for Pippen. i'm thinking that was like 1991 or so.

this NHL deal is imminent all day Saturday and their back-tracking from it was like watching a train wreck. pitiful.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Craigloria, you're a smart guy. Welsch got traded for a 1st round pick in 2007 to the Cavs. I saw it on ESPN TV.I wouldn't have given up a first round pick for him. I would have offered the TE and the 2nd round pick for him.

7. dconover

dconover Contributing Member

If we could send Taylor plus a pick to the BUCKS for Redd... we would have to jump all over that. He is just the type of player we need. Even if we lose him... we are able to unload MoT.

Regarding the point... Wesley can play point... he hasn't had to with the ROX so far... but he has played that role extensively with the Hornets in the past.

I have changed a bit on this... but I do think we have a window of opportunity to win this year.

8. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

i agree. i wouldn't either

9. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

Mo for Mo.

I'd take Mo Williams + second rounder for Mo Taylor.

Stuart

10. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

No! and So?

Mo Williams is a 22 years old PG that has tons of upside, and Milwaukee is gonna give up him for MoT? They might break a rib or two just laughing at this...

11. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

BTW, we had our chance to get Mo Williams this summer, but we spent the same amount of money on Charlie Ward...

12. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Welsh just went to the Cavs for a future 1st rounder. ESPN

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Vescey was at least right about which team the Rockets would be dealing with. Just got the players wrong.

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He probably heard that Rockets and Bucks were talking. Once the word got to him without the name of the players involved, he probably started brainstorming thru the names. Since he couldnt come up with anything concrete, he decided to make up a trade rumor involving Redd. In case it did happen to be true, he would come out looking like a genius.

That scumbag! :D

15. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Maybe Peter Vecsey heard we were interested in a "Michael" or "Mike" that plays for Milwaukee so he quickly assumed the last name must be "Redd".

:p

We have a better chance of landing Scoony Pen, mr. Vecsey.