1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Variety] Westbrook to produce docuseries about 1921 Tulsa race massacre

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Jun 9, 2020.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Why are you even posting in a thread about the Greenwood massacre - did you come here expecting a nice balanced right wing take on the Greenwood massacre?

2. SamFisher

You mean the Antifa alliance of 1940-45?

Start your own thread about it in another forum I'm sure it will be memorable.

BMoney likes this.
  3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

It’s Russell Westbrook related which makes it Rockets related. At least it’s bringing informative information to those who are interested in it and those who didn’t know about it. Those lives mattered just like everyone else’s does and did.

4. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Westbrook didn't learn much attending a fine institution like UCLA.

Westbrook should have learned the finer points of American history to focus on the positive and not the negative.

Westbrook would have been better off at a junior college like Steve Francis who attended San jac community college.

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Riiight. While we're at it, let's just erase any mention of wars, genocides and the aftermath of every bad event in the history books because they were bad. We should only learn about the good things that occurred throughout American history.

Gee, I wonder what group or group(s) or people can only benefit from this.

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Bill Gates didn't learn much at Havard either... he dropped out and the story goes on.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yup. I don’t know history that well. But I know a lot. I had never heard of it either.

and why is Smoothie King so upset?

8. SamFisher

Worst new poster 2019 is mad.

Juxtaposed Jolt likes this.
  9. s3ts

s3ts Member

A true American would protect RW's rights to produce any film he ****ing wants.

Like many posting here, I've never heard of this even if I'm not a history buff this is ridiculous.

Black Wall Street sounds absolutely like what America should be standing up for -- for black families and communities to thrive.

It reminds me of Key & Peele's negrotown short, it made me wonder why such a thing didn't exist. Turns out it existed and white supremacists just wiped the ****ing town.

10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Props to Russ

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Trade Westbrook for John wall and bring back capeala. Sign oj mayo.

If Westbrook producing movies, he got to go, Kevin Durant was right about the clout chasing.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You're just trolling the forum for kicks. That's become perfectly obvious. In other words, you are a waste of time, unless calling you out for it in creative ways can be considered "fun." You are a blithering idiot, goofus, with all the respect that you are due. See? It's accurate, but how much fun did I have? Not very much. Why? You are a piñita with a keyboard.

13. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

He 's clout chasing and trying to develop entertainment career outside of basketball.
    Jordan gave Westbrook the "why not" marketing gimmick, and it didn't work.

Westbrook is clout chasing, and he got whooped in first round already.

14. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Yeah, they never taught this in history classes and honestly this was one of the first times I've heard about it.

That was a disgusting tragedy and horrible that is is covered up and swept under the rug without telling the honest truth to American students.

Reeko likes this.
  15. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Smoothieking doesn't like black history. That's why he's mad

16. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

westbrook lost in the 1st round last season. That said, Westbrook got no business producing entertainment media.

People approach celebrities all the time, and mostly the people are clout chasing.

Rockets should trade westbrook for john wall and even go after derrick rose IMO!

Bring the adidas players to Houston.

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

You want to trade a person who's trying to shine a spotlight on an issue that people barely know about...for an overpaid player who hasn't played in 2.5 years because of a torn achilles? On top of all that, you want to bring back a player who, coincidentally, has also not played NBA basketball for 2.5 years, in OJ Mayo?

Bruh, did you fall into a coma in 2018 and wake up a few days ago or something?

Also, LeBron making Space Jam 2 is considered more clout chasing than Westbrook making a documentary about race.

Also, why are you quoting yourself? smh

CALI_MOST_WANTD likes this.
  18. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

I think you’re on drugs

King1 and Reeko like this.
  19. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

I always say the minute ' you start chasing clout, it's time to watch out'.

I would rather see players like John wall or oj mayo battle against the odds IMO.

Look at how kd battled back to get two rings after separating himself from the clout chasers.

20. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member