1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Varejao and Cavs are far apart

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by kingkow, Oct 21, 2007.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I would not give him that much, but the team does need to jettison some players.

DD

2. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Varejao and his agent are morons. I like what Varejao brings: hustle, rebounding, defense, blocks, and the intangibles. For $9 million a year? Sorry. You better bring something to the offensive side. He's as a big a threat on offense as our guy, flyin' Ryan Bowen. There's a reason there's no takers until now. I'd love to see him go to another team where his offensive ineptness isn't covered up by all the focus on a single superstar.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

My prediction: Varejao will cave. He has no leverage and his lack of skills along with the ridiculous salary demand have him pinned in a corner. He might have been able to get a good deal from the Grizzlies, but he and his agent acted too slow. Now he is stuck with the Cavs who have no incentive to give in. The players who strike quick deals get the money. Those who wait often lose out.

It's also possible the ridiculous contracts given to Dalembert, Nene and Kaman are biting Varejao instead of helping him. The Cavs are in no position to make another big mistake after the Donyell Marshall, Damon Jones and Larry Hughes blunders.

4. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

don't matter if the cavs just gave varejao to the rockets, they ain't paying him no 9 million per for 6 seasons. dude and his agent need to check himself.

5. munco

munco Member

Kids in the ghetto are dreaming to sit on the bench and collect a check? I think you have a messed up perception of the ghetto.

6. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Bargain down to "only" 7.5 million per for 5 and send:
    Butler, Snyder, Reed, and either JL3 or a 2nd.

I wouldn't move Hayes. Varejao and Scola could each help platoon the back up center minutes and we'll need them too. Butler and Deke aren't good options in Adelman's system. It would be brash to assume Scola will be reliable for big minutes at two positions every night as he adjusts to the NBA game (foul trouble). Many nights he will be, but there will definitely be nights where he can't stay on the court. Varejao would be a nice insurance policy.

Evan

7. conquistador#11

In my opinion,He just wants out of cleveland.
    I mean....He is willing to go to spain and play for less; but wants 9 mil from the cavs :confused:

8. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

floppers don't deserve 9 million per season.