1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vantage Sports (Analytics Site): Houston Rockets Insights

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crossover, Nov 23, 2014.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Krapanikolau makes Ariza look like Mitch Richmond on offense.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Say what? Did you see the latest brickfest against the Clippers after Harden set people up for wide open shots the entire game? Those rims need to be painted again.

Rockets need a scoring PG who can create for other players. Dragic fits the bill. They don't need another Brick Brother that is worthless off the ball playing with Harden. Dragic would also allow the Rockets offense to function when Harden is resting and give him a guy to tag-team with instead of bearing the total burden.

A ball-dominant PG that can't shoot is the last thing the Rockets need.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Rockets on now 9th in D

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2015.html

The team has climbed up to 12th in offensive rating, but has fallen to 9th on defense after being among the top 3 earlier in the season.

What happened to the defense?

Is it a harder schedule? I think the Rockets had one of the easier schedules to start the season, but now has the 10th hardest overall.

Is the absence of Tarik Black, who filled in well during Dwight Howard's first absence but isn't here any more?

Have teams figured out the Rockets' ultra-aggressive gambling style and adjusted?

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

5. #TheBeard

#TheBeard Member

Does anyone know what the average points for possession is?? like is 1.1 points per possession good??

6. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Holy crap I had no idea D-MO was that bad as a roll man. Just post ups for him that's it.

7. finsraider

finsraider Member

Mostly what those stats tell me is....

#FreeCanaan

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Appears to be a small sample size but I am with you. Maybe Morey can force McHale hand.

9. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

For an overall offense it's very good. It's equal to a 110 offensive rating, which only 1 team is above this season.

For different types of plays, it varies. 1.1 PPP would be great as a pick and roll ball handler, but it would be average as the roll man.

10. seeingred

seeingred Member

Absolutely. Another thing that should switch is Dwight's FGA's from Post Ups (178) and his FGA's from Pick n Roll (41). I cannot believe for every shot he takes rolling to the rim (shooting 68.3%) he takes FOUR in the post (at 41.6%).

11. finsraider

finsraider Member

I think the coaches have been talking to him about this. Plain and simple, Dwight is only an effective post up player against the right matchups (Robin Lopez is one of those).

He is most effective when he's setting picks and driving hard to the basket. I do wonder if these knee problems are limiting his mobility, but this has been an ongoing issue for two years now. If we can get Dragic, I hope we will also trade for someone like Ryan Anderson, who would help open the floor for Dwight PnRs.