1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Van Gundy on 610 - 12/26/05

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zacatecas, Dec 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

He was on Stromile's case!!! Wooh!

Basically what I heard, Stomile is overpaid. He is averaging 1.7 rebounds a minute. He plays without any heart. Memphis is laughing at us. But, in the end, he is releived that Stomile isn't getting Mo Taylor type money.

It's safe to say, Stomile is in the Dog house, when Gundy is lobbying for Ewing to come back and play center so that Stromile Swift will take is appropriate seat in the Dog house.

Just vicious on Stomile!!! :eek:

2. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Umm...There is no way in HELL JVG said any of that stuff.

Nice try though, almost got me. ;)

3. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Also, he didn't know which Graham brother was on his team.

Regarding Alston day to day injury, he was oblivious about saying he has no idea when he's coming back. Kind of calling him out to be a man and play with the pain (of course that's how I interpreted Van Gundy's attitude).

But, he did note that he'll coach whomever they give him. Making it seem like CD is the one getting the players.

But, Van Gundy kind of seems like a troll. If he was my coach I would not respect him at all. He goes to the media and cries about what is wrong with his team every second.

It just doesn't even seem he is the coach of the team. Too much dirty laundry coming from the coaches mouth just is WRONG!!!!!

4. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

I suggest you call 610 and verify it. He said it. Unless it was Gundy on a mobile. Then 610 got me ;)

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He's like the complete opposite of RudyT. Where Rudy would never criticize a player at all for anything, Van Gundy actively tries to use the media to get on and praise his players. What a whiny b****. I thought we hired a basketball coach.

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Most of the time when he criticizes a player through the media, it works. Meaning the player begins to step it up.

I believe he called out Wesley earlier in the season, and look at him now! :eek:

7. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

That had to be somebody impersonating JVG. They do that all the time on the morning show. I mean just look at what he said, he averages 1.7 rebounds a minute, that would make him the best rebounder in the league.

There's no way that was really jvg.

8. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

It was me that called in. I confess.

but that'd kickass if JVG did say that, shows the players whos boss.

9. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

*lock

unless what someone posted about the interview is correct.

J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.