1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

V-Span Scout Video

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Realjad, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Again Spanu doesn’t start and Greeks quickly get behind against Australia. They just don’t have the flow without him. Australia is up 11-4 and finaly the Greece coach has had enough and sends VSPAN in. Nothing spectacular. Vspan had a good steal and scored for 2 points the quarter ends tied at 17. Again Vspan comes in and Greece plays better. He must have a sensational Roland Rating. I don’t know id I will stay up much longer.

The coach pulls Vspan in the middle of the second quarter and they quickly go down 31-28. Vspan is put back in at that point. And Greece goes in at the half up 39-34.

I fell asleep for a little bit of it but from what I saw Vspan doesn't have a good second half and now Greece is trailing 63-68 with 34 seconds left. It looks like they will lose.

Vspan drives the lane and is fouled hard. He sinks both of his free throws. He then drives and passes off of a steal and passes to an open trailer who misses the layup but is fouled and makes one free throw. Greece puts Bruton on the line and he makes one of his free throws and Then Greece hits 2 3 pointers the last one with no time on the clock and win the game. It was an incredible victory for them.

Several things come to my mind about this game. One is Vspan definitely needs to improve his shooting. He hurt the team tonight with poor shooting even though he still contributes in other ways. Second he is way to unselfish at times. He is the best player on the team at taking it to the basket and yet he sometimes passes when he should attack. He does show that late in the game when he sees his team needs it but it was almost too late tonight. And finally even though he had a poor shooting night he does so many other things well that he just needs to be on the court. I would even say they should start him and maybe they would not get into those early deficits. He really does affect the game that much.

Also if you are a Greece fan, they look like they haven't come close to playing their best and they are 3-0 so far. They could be serious contenders although USA and Argentina look to be the best.

#61 Old Man Rock, Aug 22, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

His unselfishness and passing ability will fit us perfectly. I'm glad he seems to be "too unselfish" at this point. Like we've discussed, his shooting will be key next season and may determine his playing time.

3. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

hah!

the diff is Greece will be playing in finals, its going to be Argentina, USA or Greece

mark my words

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

V-Span has not a good but a great first step.

And you must have good lateral quickness to do a good cross over move. V-Span does have great lateral quickness.