1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UVERSE - FSW HD

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SlvrBtl, Nov 1, 2008.

Tags:
  1. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

Im using HDMI.

2. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

There's no point in having an HDTV when uverse picture quality is a little bit better than analog. This is a big disappointment.

I hope UVerse would do something to improve.

3. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Reset your box by holding the power button on the box for 5 seconds. Let it reset and try it again.

4. BmwM3

Mine works fine. Stupid question, but did you add the HD service? And the HD channels are in the 1000's. Worth a shot.

5. BmwM3

Oh and to also add, is there a green and blue light on your box when you watch, or just a green light?

6. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Hmmm...my UVerse HD picture is fantastic...probably 95% as good as Comcast's. MUCH better than analog. :confused:

7. SlvrBtl

SlvrBtl Member

Man I do hope the channels are fixed, because I hated watching the last game on analog. I think I'm being spoiled by watching the HD channels.

8. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Mine too. All the new HD channels are live today BTW.

9. Nero

Nero Member

UVerse's HD picture is just fine, if you are not getting a crystal clear HD picture, you have done something wrong, it's not the service.

Don't assume that just because your box is connected to an HD television that you are getting a HD signal. You have to go into the settings on the box and tell it what kind of output to send, and what resolution.

Think of it like you are setting up your video card on your computer - you would not buy a swanky new video card, then leave the default settings at 800x600 and then complain that the video card sucks. You have to tell it what to output.

10. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

I love my HD on Comcast now. Was toying with the idea of switching to Uverse.

How much do you guys pay for Uverse HD service? Wanted to see if its worth the switch?

It looks like some of ya are having issues with Uverse HD service

11. myco

myco Contributing Member

No issues with Uverse HD. Frankly, I can't tell the difference between Comcast and Uverse HD, not to mention the fact that Comcast's feed would cut in and out sometimes. Can't wait to check out the new HD channels tonight. I have U300 right now, but I'm thinking of upgrading to U400. Is it worth the extra 20/month?

12. Nero

Nero Member

I have 5 rooms, and the next-to-the-top package (just don't watch enough movies to justify the highest package), and this is bundled with the broadband (which doubled my speed from the previous 'Pro' version of DSL from AT&T), and I believe the whole thing comes to roughly $19 per month.

I don't know if that seems like a lot, but I went to it from having a combination of Dish HD (no DVR) in 2 rooms, and 2 rooms covered by standard definition DVR (with the useless RF remote for the 2nd room), and 'pro' DSL service. The DIsh service was @ 120 per month, and the DSL was $39, so I am getting a TON more functionality, faster speed, a box by every tv, with a functional remote, and I can watch DVR'd programs from any room now, and I am paying less for it.

Me's happy with it.

Oh, another thing which nobody talks about: each box is also a broadband outlet, which means if you have a 360, or a PS3 or a Wii, or any other internet device you want wired up, you can attach directly to the box and not have to worry ab out setting up wireless if it is inconvenient or impossible.

It is the only way I was able to get my 360 working online after switching to the new service.

13. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

I didn't know that, thanks! I had the ATT guy install a wall outlet for my PS3 - that works too.

I have my computer, 2 PS3s, 2 HDTVs and a standard tv all running on U-verse with very few problems - and my total monthly bill is $80 less than I was paying comcast.

14. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

So does that mean you can hook up a switch to that port on the box and you can split it to several devices?

15. Nero

Nero Member

Haven't tried it but I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work.

16. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

I already did that many times.

The blue HD indicator is on after I set teh aspect ratio.

And yes, HD channels start on 1002.

Thanks.

17. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

What internet option do you have for gaming? I was thinking of getting the following:

video - 400 level + HD
    internet - Pro level (close to what I have now w/ Comcast)

Priced it and comes close to what I'm paying now with Comcast (120 for Digital Cable + HD + Broadband internet). ONly thing better with Uverse is DVR + 200.00 cash back for signing up.

I'm hesitant about the HD quality and few channels not available in Uverse (MOJO, NBATV). I've seen a few complaints in other threads. What are your thoughts?

18. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Off topic question. If you have one box, how do the additional TV's get HD content w/o being connected to the box? Is it still connected via coaxial?