1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UT students want to work in TV this summer? (VideoGame Hour Live)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Brando2101, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Hey Guys.

I’m producing the 3rd season of Austin's own VideoGame Hour Live and we are looking for more crew members for the summer. We are broadcast on Time Warner Cable here in Austin so more than 300,000 people get our show every week.

You’ll get experience working on set, lighting, camera, sound and technical directing inside the Control Room. While you won’t have post-production responsibilities, you will have the option of attending Editing Labs and if there is enough interest, labs in the Flash and AfterEffects animation programs.

We’ll spend 2 hours at some point in the week recoding what will be the 1st half of the following week’s show and then the following Wednesday, we’ll air that half hour and follow it immediately with a LIVE half hour where we exhibit a couple games by playing them on air. It's like Mystery Science Theater but with Video games. We are carried by Time Warner Cable so the show reaches all of Austin .

Any UT student is welcome. The work load in the Summer is really light so if you would like some work experience, Check us out. Oh and Dads, your kids aren't doing much work in their first summer in college. Having responsibility never hurted anyone so throw this info to him or her.
    I know most of you don't know much about the show, so I've included a montage cut for last season's finale of the Show's Best of: Right Click and Save Target/Link as for best Viewing

This is a TV show and it is some work but we have fun. I mean... We spent a half hour a week playing video games on air. If you are interested or have any questions, hit up email: videogamehourlive@gmail.com and I'll get you some more information.

#1 Brando2101, Jun 19, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

RC Cola faints

3. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Since you're producing, do we have to sign a waiver stating we'll only play on Sony products? :p :D

4. Brando2101

Haha. Touché.

Actually before I joined the show, it was focused mostly on Nintendo. During the last season (because of the lack of Wii software) we more heavily incorporated the 360 and PS3 in the works.

These are the games we played Live on air during season 2.
    Gears of War (360)
    Lost Planet (360)
    Guitar Hero 2 (360)

Resistance: Fall of Man (PS3)
    Virtual Fighter 5 (PS3)
    Motor Storm (PS3)
    God of War 2 (PS2)

Super Paper Mario (Wii)
    Excite Truck (Wii)
    Wii Play (Wii)

Classic Games
    Mortal Kombat II (PS3)
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (360)
    Sonic
    Metroid

We also reviewd most of those games including a lot of DS games I know nothing about. Every week there is a Classic Video Game feature but most of them don’t make it to the live show.

#4 Brando2101, Jun 20, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

excite truck? :eek: :(

an elebits showdown would be sweet.

6. Brando2101

haha maybe. Guitar Hero was awesome. We had so many people call in asking about it. The guy that was playing was a badass and so he was able to make all the rockstar faces and sweet guitar moves.

The Madden release should be a lot of fun. We are trying to work with TGA and the EA sports representative at UT to put a tournament together.

7. Brando2101