1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UT player to workout for the Rox...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jerry Maguire, May 16, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Jerry Maguire

Jerry Maguire Member

It is not who you would really want (CMihm), but Gabe Muoneke will likely be working out for the Rox staff in anticipation for the Draft. This is a guy that has a lot of heart and could become a sleeper. Had a somewhat interesting career @ UT, but his tools and potential are intriguing, could become a nice back up, down the road.

------------------

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Who're you talking to when you say Chris Mihm is who we really want? LOL! [​IMG]

------------------
    ?

3. Jerry Maguire

Jerry Maguire Member

"Who you would really want" from UT working out for the Rockets staff, and I would really prefer attempting to obtain Lamar O., then Swift. I believe Swift is too raw and w/o enough big time experience, his performance in March Madness was less then memorable and I believe he will have trouble playing against the stronger NBA players at the 4. Lamar is a player that has already shown his potential in the league and would fit in perfectly with Steve and the rest of the team.

------------------

4. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

I went to Texas so I am biased. Gabe has a nice shot (not NBA 3) and a great post up game.

The fact is that no Texas player has made a home in the NBA and stuck around for quite some time. Hopefully, Mihm and maybe Gabe can change that.

------------------
    We have a 50/50 chance of winning our next game, but there is only a 30% chance of that.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Lasalle Thompson played at UT, and had a nice NBA career.

DaDakota

------------------

6. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

same for Johnny Moore.

------------------

7. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

I said "for quiet some time" not forever. Yes, LaSalle Thompson and Johnny Moore. Both still in the prime of their careers and household names.

------------------
    We have a 50/50 chance of winning our next game, but there is only a 30% chance of that.

8. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

my shrink always wants to put me in a straight jacket in what he calls "quiet time" the nerve of that guys....

------------------

9. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Contributing Member

What are the chances of bringing back the B-M-W. We could launch nothing but three's. Imagine our starting liuneup of Blanks, Mays, Wright, Anderson, & Francis. Our bench could be rounded out by Mihm, Muoneke, And whoever else played for the horns' last year. Maybe we'll keep Mobley at the end of the bench but that would just be for the few non-UT fans in the United States. Every player I've ever heard of that came from UT and has played in the NBA has just lit the league up. I predict exactly the same for this group. Look out NBC we could have an all UT-Ex finals next year.

Hook Em'

P.S. - I like UT even though I went to CU-Boulder, and I live in Austin, but I'm pretty sure that Mihm sucks and so does Muoneke. If I'm wrong then I'll apologize next Spring, but I think as a Rocket fan we should look for someone else in this years draft.

------------------