1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UT - OSU Football a Night Game

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by 4chuckie, Feb 7, 2005.

Tags:
  1. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Just announced today in Columbus that this years game with UT will be a night game.
    We've all been hoping it was moved to the night. Be a great atmosphere.

2. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Any news on whos covering the game TV wise? my bet is ABC or ESPN.

3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

tightness. this game should be badass.

4. drapg

drapg Member

might have to make a roadie.

5. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Of course I'll be there. I'll probably cash in some of my AA miles for a free flight if I can. Can't wait to catch this game in the horseshoe.

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Better be careful not to lose this one AND the one to OU next year. Aggies in College Station, also. Could be some tough games.

7. AggieRocket

AggieRocket Contributing Member

Watching a game at the Horseshoe is one of the greatest experiences in college football. I would say that watching OSU's band at halftime is probably the only halftime show better than watching the Texas Aggie Band at Kyle Field.

8. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

It will probably be colder at night, playing into Ohio State's advantage. If UT had trouble with Michigan during a rebuilding year, look out on the road against a highly touted OSU team.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

*obligatory damning with faint-praise comment about UT*

10. drapg

drapg Member

If I end up going (which I think I will), we're defintely gonna have to meet up for a beer.

11. junglerules

junglerules Member

Yeah, I've already been trying to get my hands on tix since before this past season started. I'm trying to get "dibs" on the tickets of this person who always has season tickets.

Anyway, I'm not worried about it being too cold in September....the only element that has affected Longhorn play the last few years is Oklahoma. :(

With that said, I'm pumped! I've heard the Horeshoe is a tremendous place to catch a game. Ted Ginn Jr. vs. Vince Young in a non-conference Heisman trophy battle!

12. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Or it could be 70 degrees. You never know.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

It wouldn't be anything UT's not used to playing in late in the season. The average hi/low for Columbus in early September is around 80/55.

14. Baqui99

Hell yes. Supposedly Columbus is set up a lot like Austin.

Soaking in the atmosphere at tOSU is a once in a lifetime chance. The Buckeyes don't have the kind of talent that they had twi years back when they won the Fiesta Bowl, or the year before when Clarett led them to the title. They have a phenomenal athlete named Ted Ginn Jr. who made a name for himself in the Alamo Bowl. Don't know much else about them.

Ohio State has always been scrappy as hell, and it's going to be a dogfight in their stadium. But Texas has played relatively well on the road over the years, which should bode well. Vince Young is ready to be the all-world QB that was expected of him. He proved that he has the ability to play well in front of hostile crowds at Arkansas and Texas A&M. Rod Wright, Aaron Harris, and Michael Huff are potential All Americans. Texas returns 4 starters from a dominating offensive line, as well as our uber-athletic TE, David Thomas.

Early Prediction: I'm going to go ahead and give this one to the Horns, 24-20 .

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I'm guessing Vegas will have the odds at -4 or -5 towards THE Ohio State University. Most preseason polls I've seen have Ohio State ahead of UT, combined with the fact that it's a home game for Ohio State should give them the favorite status. I'd question your statement that UT plays well on the road. The Arkansas, Kansas and of course the OU game from last year would tend to contradict that statement.

16. Baqui99

Ohio State finished last year 8-4 with losses to Northwestern, Wisconsin, Purdue, and Iowa.

17. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

There are already multiple polls out?

Silly me, I thought they beat Arkansas and Kansas on the road.

18. gr8-1

The only poll I've seen (espn) has UT at #2 and OSU at #7. The radio guys all have UT at 3 with Florida, OSU, Michigan, TEnnessee among those at #2.

19. Baqui99

The 2004 preseason poll had Auburn #20. We all saw how that worked out. :rolleyes:

20. gr8-1

OU game wasn't on the road and Arkansas actually had record attendance that night.

Didn't you actually pay for a subscription to orangebloods? If so, how obsessed are you? OU is our chief rival, but I wouldn't dream about paying for a subscription to their premium board.