1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UT Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rockets1616, Aug 17, 2011.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Daniel Young? With Watson graduating, he'll likely share the RB load along with Ingram next season. Think Carter and Porter are more likely to transfer.

2. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

3. gucci888

#1 JUCO DE. Big time committ with the turnover on the DL next season.

4. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Great pickup but we also red shirted a lot of talent on the d line this year. I feel really good about the line over the next 3 years. I think the struggle this year was just a weak upper class.

Overall, very impressed with the amount of redshirts this season. I hope the older guys that are going to redshirt aren’t transfers but we’ll see. Shane definitely is. RB Carter probably is transferring. Hopefully WR Burt and OL Okafor aren’t but we’ll see.

5. Brando2101

Texas secures a berth in the big 12 game. Win or Lose, it’s been a very promising season.

tinman likes this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We did it! We got to fix some 4th quarter defensive issues, but I never expected us to get this far

7. gucci888

Ya the 4th quarter woes are really frustrating. Special teams was especially bad today as well.

But here we are. Ehlinger was off today after being darn near perfect since week 1. Hopefully he can bounce back and finish out the season strong.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

UT should not lose to either of these teams, their D is terrible.

DD

tinman likes this.
  9. gucci888

Wanted another shot at WVU but should be a good one next week.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hate OU
    West Virginia had their chance but they played like idiots with crap coaching like on side kicking with four minutes left

11. Brando2101

I liked the idea of the big 12 championship and this is a great start. It’ll help OU if they can beat the only team they lost to but I don’t think it will get them in the playoffs unless teams ahead lose. So do they need the championship this year? No. Is it good football? Yep.

12. Major

Major Member

It'll be amusing if Michigan loses tomorrow, putting OU in the playoffs, and then OU and the Big12 get knocked out of the playoffs by UT next week, and the Big12 starts asking why they thought a championship game was a good idea. Ignoring the playoffs, I do agree it makes for good end-of-season football.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Beating OU twice in a season should give Herman a 10 year extension.

14. Brando2101

You think 12-1 Ohio State wouldn’t jump a 11-1 OU?

15. gucci888

When they announced the CCG, first thing I thought was the inevitability of the conference knocking out its own undefeated and/or playoff bound contender. Not sure if it’s this season but will happen eventually. But until then, it’s at least giving us another shot at a conference championship.

As bad as their defense is, think the committee would be enamored by Murray and the OU offense.

16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Texas's prevent defense doesn't prevent much scoring. This team really needs to learn how to close out games.

17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Regardless of the outcome in the title game, this has been a successful season for Herman. Hopefully he can build on it and get us in the playoff next season.

It worked in our favor, but a title game after a round robin format is stupid. OU should be the conference champion. I will take the anger of the 08 BS to my grave, so I'm feeling pretty good about it.

18. Major

Major Member

I don't think so. Ohio State has looked wretched much of the season and has a really bad defense to go along with a mediocre offense. OU has a very-wretched defense, but also the most exciting offense in the country. But beyond that, Ohio State's loss was a blowout to a mediocre team, while OU's was a 3 pt loss to a top 15 team.

Right now, Michigan and Texas are really the only teams that stop OU from making the playoffs (I'm assuming Alabama wipes the floor with Georgia). Without a B12 title game, I think the same would be true minus Texas.

EDIT: that said, if OSU had looked better this year, then yeah, I agree. And in that scenario, a B12 title game definitely helps OU's chances if they win it.

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Even though OU has virtually no defense, I don't see UT beating them twice in the same season. UT doesn't have the offensive firepower that WV does and it is likely that UT won't be able to keep up. Then again, their defense is better than WV.

20. gucci888

Well we were able to keep up with them and WV the first go around but don’t think Herman wants to get into another shootout. He seems to have taken a more methodical approach with the offense since the back to back losses and believe he even said so before the Tech game. Control the ball, get to manageable 3rd downs, and take shots when you can. Basically keep Murray off the field as much as possible.