1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UT Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rockets1616, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Everyone, look-look-look, let's see whose peenee is bigger! Go go gadget penis.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

With that last Ziggy post, revised numbers are:

~63 pages worth of posts since August in this thread.
    ~39 pages worth of posts since August in the Texas A&M thread.

2 people like this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can't we just all agree that UT rules?

1 person likes this.
  4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Losing Rumph hurts. Don't think we can take our take with this search like we are doing with the TE position. Couple names that have been mentioned include Clint Hurtt and Brick Haley.

5. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I'm impressed with how quickly Strong put together a great...no....strong recruiting class.

I thought in a year or two but no way this year

6. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

UT didn't allow Strong to bring Hurtt when he wanted to last year, no chance they allow it now. I've said it before, but Strong needs to fill these two open spots with rainmakers on the recruiting trail.

7. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

That's good for y'all. Since TAMU is extremely undisciplined in the Kevin Sumlin Era. Real happy we don't need worry about discipline with Strong at the helm.

8. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

What are you talking about lol? This thread was constantly being bumped on the Football page. I didn't see A&M until we scared y'all with Murray lol

9. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

10. Bob Barker 007

Not Strong's fault. Y'all need to chill out.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Let's just say Strong was pissed about Rumph. Coach was the last one to know and was shocked it was true per source. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/HookEm?src=hash">#HookEm</a></p>&mdash; Alex Dunlap (@AlexDunlapNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlexDunlapNFL/status/563775483305660416">February 6, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

This makes me happy with didn't get Mack. Could you imagine the drama if he committed and then the DL coach left? What a headache that would have been.

12. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I'm pretty pissed Rumph left this late in the game. It does seem like he lied to anyone he recruited.

#5732 Hustle Town, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  13. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Looks like Texas has hired Gilmer HC Jeff Traylor as TE coach. Brick Haley is currently in Austin interviewing for the DL job.

14. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Haley would be a freaking great steal! Get it done!!

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Annoying that LSU wont let Brick go to A&M. They'd rather pay him to do nothing than let him go to A&M.

16. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

What makes you think that's the issue? Everything I've read is that he doesn't want to go to College Station due to his son's treatment.

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

Every time I logged onto CF after a game by either school, people who were either UT fans or hate A&M in general always had something negative to say. Either something about us not playing defense well, scoring enough points against a bad team, etc.

Meanwhile, there wasn't nearly as much traffic in this thread, after a win or a loss.

But that's just me - maybe the time I chose to log on just happened to be a dead time for this thread. Who knows.

19. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I remember plenty of self-loathing and anguish in this thread after many of the games this year.

20. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

I mean it's called Clutchfans. Not Texas Football Board. This isn't my place to come and vent about games. If I happen to see the thread I'll look into it and maybe I'll post something if I have something worth saying.

Point is, this thread was definitely more active than TAMU, so I don't know why you're in here trying to rile people up. Just give it up.