1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UT Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rockets1616, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Wish the kid would hurry up and make up his mind.

#GoFrogs :p

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

That looks like the Frogs in home visit which has been planned. That is not the same thing as an official visit to the school.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Daylon Mack canceling <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TCU?src=hash">#TCU</a> visit this weekend not indicative they r lagging. Still very much in this and one of final 3 w <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Longhorns?src=hash">#Longhorns</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Aggies?src=hash">#Aggies</a></p>&mdash; Mike Farrell (@rivalsmike) <a href="https://twitter.com/rivalsmike/status/560632049825226752">January 29, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This Daylon Mack dude lives for the attention way too much to go to some small school like TCU. I bet he's Aggie bound like originally in the end.

4. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well then it means that him canceling the visit doesn't mean **** if he is tweeting out himself throwing up the frogs sign.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

It doesn't mean as much as you think. He did the same thing yesterday with Charlie Strong and also with Kevin Sumlin. It's standard procedure for the visiting coach to get get the recruit in some school paraphanalia throwing at that schools sign for a pic. It's aldo common practice for that recruit to tweet out something positive #gofrogs or #hookem or #gigem.

TCU has a good shot at Mack but don't over sell the value of that tweet.

6. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh I'm with you. I just saw that tweet and then read the post about him canceling his TCU visit.

This is one of the most interesting NSD leadups in recent memory.

7. Buck Turgidson

No kidding. Who would want to live in a small town like Fort Worth when you could live in the gleaming metropolisises that are Auburn or Starkville or Bryan or Tallatucky etc....

8. Buck Turgidson

I'll be sure and pay closer attention to all this bull**** in the future.

9. Bob Barker 007

No offense, but Mike Farrell is a hack. I wouldn't trust what he says. I have found 247 Sports to be more reliable.

10. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Following my heart... <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GigEm?src=hash">#GigEm</a></p>&mdash; Kyler Murray (@TheKylerMurray) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheKylerMurray/status/561025094890180609">January 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kyler Football? Texas A&amp;M lands No. 1 QB in Class of 2015, Kyler Murray. Murray won all 42 games he started in HS &amp; 3 straight state titles.</p>&mdash; SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/561025084178333697">January 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Wellp. So much for Kyler.

12. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I think Murray made the wrong decision, but of course it's not my decision to make. Best of luck to him.

13. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Goof luck to him.

14. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Kai gets our attention now I guess

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In jerrod we trust

16. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Damn that was tough to swallow, especially considering how close it seemed at the end. No worries though. Coach Strong was able to impact a top recruit in the nation with a 6-7 record in the Big 12. We still have a few prospects to look at and I'm excited for the future.

In Strong we believe.

17. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Oh well. Was fun to think about.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

So has everyone here given up on Swoopes?
    What are the chances he improves a hell of a lot by the start of the season?

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://texas.247sports.com/Article/Texas-Longhorns-Kyler-Murray-Charlie-Strong-Jerrod-Heard-35192505

What's the worst-case scenario?
    It's the winner of a spring and summer battle between Swoopes and Heard as to who the starting quarterback will be in South Bend on Sept. 5. If Heard is the guy, the Longhorns will have no choice but to tweak the offense to implement more quarterback run game elements and simple route concepts to make the game easier for Heard when he plays early on.

The staff isn't down on Heard, and he's not viewed as a lost cause. He simply had a tough time getting acclimated to what has been said to be a complex playbook of reads compared to what he had to deal with in high school.

At this point, the Longhorns might have no other choice but do whatever is necessary to get Heard ready to roll. Barring something unforeseen at this point, he looks like the best option.

20. the shark

the shark Member

TCU is a small school, but Ft Worth a small town? It's like the 17th largest city in the U.S. with a population close to 800,000 and growing!