1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Using GM Clutchfans-Hindsight logic, I just realized that we MUST TRADE PP NOW!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Mar 19, 2011.

?

Should we trade Patrick Patterson ASAP?

1. Yes: As an upperclassman, he lacks upside and needs to be traded before his potential runs out

4 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Yes: We need a center and another Power Forward just doesn't cut it

5 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. Yes: Because it's better to trade a player now than one year too late ala Brooks

6 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. No: Patterson will continue to improve and shouldn't be a trade chip

109 vote(s)
    87.9%
  1. clos4life

clos4life Member

meh...eight.

2. H-TOWNSFINEST

H-TOWNSFINEST Member

Meh.. I think we definitely need to keep PPat. He's showing a lot of promise as a rookie. I can see him improving into possibly being a starter on a contending team later in his career. Anyone see him being better than Scola someday?

3. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Let's not.

4. seeingred

seeingred Member

i think he can be part of a championship foundation. he already plays well on both sides of the ball. i was fortunate to be at the bobcat's game and i will say that when boris diaw wanted to post him up, he was usually able to back patrick down and get a shot close to the rim. his size seems his biggest weakness but that's easily fixed with a summer spent with chuck hayes.

5. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

His talent level as far as what he can do might not improve (not saying it won't)...but his understanding of the game @ the NBA level will definitely improve, thus making him a better player than he already is....

Defensively and offensively...his upside can't be denied (just wanted to throw that in there)

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Morey has not used foresight on any of his moves besides his drafts in the lower part of rounds. Tmac he didnt and it was there. Yao he didnt and it was there. Brooks was not hindsight. That was also foresight. Almost everything was that is argued against had major foresight before it happened.

Its just that after the fact. After its proven? You can use hindsight to back your arguments up mostly. The fact of the matter was most people predicted before Morey what would happen with Tmac, Yao, Brooks, and Battier. Alot of people predicted what would happen if Budinger, Patterson, and Lowry gottheir shots. Yet none of you so called "hindsight" people who talk about others using it on these players after they do well? Give anyone any credit for being right because most of the time it was people like you who were completely wrong. While the ones who keep telling you guys what we should do keep end up being right. Now eventually some of you being wrong all the time will get at least one thing right and put it in some peoples faces. Thats like a hundred instances and chances too late already though. Wrong on Yao, Tmac, Brooks, Battier. When to get rid of them and if they are Championship caliber or injury prone. Wrong on giving playing time to Budinger over Battier, Lowry over Brooks, Patterson more playing time, and Jordan Hill more playing time. Its just that there is alot of wrong going on in our fanbase with their basketball IQ.

7. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Its a good thing half the fanbase is right and eventually gets what should happen for us right. Its good thing Morey actually starts to eventually do it before the opportunity is completely and utterly waisted instead of completely gone. Although he does push that envelope at time. Adelman does eventually start to give the playesr minutes he should. Sometimes Morey has to make him by trading away guys like Battier to do so. Sometimes guys like Scola have to get hurt to find out how good Patterson really is. Sometimes enough fans get together to say Yao needs to go and Tmac and they finally do it after they lost only most of their value.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You did - they were not only linked to in the epic thread that knote32 started but alluded to in several more, see e.g.:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=189909

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=186906&highlight=Morey+words+actions&page=5

Actually "Lowry should start instead of Brroks" was one of the more raging debates of the offseason. Note how some those threads have "oh no, not this same debate again"....in July

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

Good ole SamFisher. Only you can turn "Lowry should start instead of Brooks" into "Brooks needs to go before he turns into a pile of crap" logic.

I knew I shouldn't have wasted my time responding to you.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

What precisely is the nature of your problem here? You do realize that one of threads is titled something like "How about we keep Lowry and trade Brooks" right?

Can you tell me how that thread is not indicative of a "we should trade Brooks sentiment"?

Here, I'll pull it up for you:

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You claim, ostensibly, that nobody favored Lowry over Brooks until "hindsight" of Brooks 10/11 Implosion and Lowry's corresponding rise - that's simply not true, Brooks had his detractors and Lowry had his boosters dating back to mid-2010 and even prior.

But in the end, i agree with you, you are wasting your time, you started a stupid thread based on a premise that proved to be untrue - all it did was make you look hasty and uninformed and having started it.

If I were you I would request it be locked.

#50 SamFisher, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  11. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

meh......nine.

I only read through this meaningless thread to see which "meh" we were on. A strike against Patterson is that he was an upperclassman (junior when drafted) but you wanted us to draft Larry Sanders who was also a junior when drafted? That would lead into Sanders having another strike with the whole keeping an upperclassman till the end of the their contract thing being a bad idea statement.