1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Using GM Clutchfans-Hindsight logic, I just realized that we MUST TRADE PP NOW!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Mar 19, 2011.

?

Should we trade Patrick Patterson ASAP?

1. Yes: As an upperclassman, he lacks upside and needs to be traded before his potential runs out

4 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Yes: We need a center and another Power Forward just doesn't cut it

5 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. Yes: Because it's better to trade a player now than one year too late ala Brooks

6 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. No: Patterson will continue to improve and shouldn't be a trade chip

109 vote(s)
    87.9%
  1. meh

meh Contributing Member

I just realized that all of our complaints over the years about the Rockets organization converges now on Patrick Patterson. Of course, those past complaints were based on 20/20 hindsight. BUT NO LONGER! We can now use past experiences to predict the future. And the future is that we must trade Patterson before it's too late.

Patterson already has 3 strikes against him.

Strike One: He's an upperclassman. Hence, he has no upside as every clutchfans poster knows. But our GM doesn't know that, which is why we're so mediocre. We must trade upperclassmen before people realize they have no upside.

Strike Two: He's not a center. Morey must rectify his mistake of not drafting a center like Larry Sanders last year. Or skipping on DeAndre Jordan. See, Morey just collects assets, and that's not good. We have Hill and Scola PF. We need a center. Patterson must be traded for a center because we need one.

Strike Three: He's going to turn into Aaron Brooks if we don't trade him, because keeping a young upperclassman until his contract year is just asking for trouble. Patterson will obviously be pissed about his contract and complain.

Patterson represents everything wrong with the team from a fan's standpoint. Is he going to be a star? No, he was drafted too late and he's too old. Is he a center? No, he's only a four. Is he going to be a good soldier? No, because Aaron Brooks was not a good soldier.

So instead of using Captain Hindsight logic, how about predicting the future for once? Do you think we need to trade Patterson before his value drops like a rock?

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

4. ThaShark316_28

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

Look, this actually isn't a sarcasm thread. It's really made because using hindsight to criticize something makes you look like... well, using hindsight.

It's easy to declare a player a success or failure after the fact. But predicting it is another thing. And I'm hoping people can weigh in BEFORE we know the result one way or another.

6. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

meh.....

Serious Response:

Strike One:
    We don't expect him to become a superstar, nor will we get a superstar in return for him. He will become a solid starting PF in a few years. Yeah, his ceiling is not Karl Malone level....

Strike Two:
    Scola is old. Rookie Patterson is already better than Jordan Hill. Which equal value young center could we get?

Strike Three:
    Patrick Patterson plays defense, has proper size, athleticism, and basketball IQ; to add, his shooting is fundamentally sound. His offensive and defensive skills can only improve over time. He is not a flawed player, we can and should pay him.

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gtBirwSpLJY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. albuster

albuster Member

Meh five.

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

11. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

:rolleyes:

This is when CF gets ridiculous... /thread @clutchfans know more then GM

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Instead of wasting my time loving Pat Pat while he's developing into a future starting PF, I'll ****ing hate him before management screws him over to rid myself the middleman.

Brilliante!

1 person likes this.
  13. worzel gummidge

2Pat's bandwagon is filling up along with his numbers but I'm actually more impressed by Hill. I just like Hill's game changing/pace setting spark or energy he brings off the bench. Antawn Jamison? The GARM hype machine never fails.

If Hansbrough continues his form for the rest of the season but the Pacers somehow miss the playoffs... Hansbrough at the 3? 2Pat more attractive to the Pacers?

14. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

15. anon3803

anon3803 Member

While I agree with Worzel somewhat that everyone's jumping on the Patterson bandwagon a bit too quick, trading him would be a big mistake.

He's a good PF who's upside should be higher than Scola's or Hayes. Considering age and contract of our 3 best PFs: Scola, Hayes (currently acting as C), and Patterson, I think Scola's the odd man out. If we were going to move a PF to get a good center, it would be Scola IMO.

16. worzel gummidge

I'm not sold on the high upside part yet. I think the story hasn't changed, unless a player is absolutely stinking it up, it's all about trading for a superstar or don't bother. Anyone on the roster is fair game if they can snare a superstar.

17. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

[​IMG]

18. lean

lean Member

Silly thread.

19. CXbby

CXbby Member

Not a believer in $Ball.

Blame Morey. Not Adelman.

I own a rig.

20. thething

thething Contributing Member

Patterson is still a rookie. Trading Brooks in his rookie season would have netted us nothing.

You have to trade players that have value to get something of value. Patterson's value still can go much higher.

But if he gets us Chris Paul or Dwight Howard...then by all means trade him.