1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

User Tagging System

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by rawool, Dec 19, 2012.

1. rawool

rawool Member

Curious to know if this has been suggested before?

Basically, somone can 'tag' another user (ex. @rawool) and it would notify the user via an e-mail or PM that they've been mentioned.

It's helpful if someone is requesting information or the opinion from a specific user. Also, to know when you're being talked about. (In my case, never. :( )

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

this would be awesome...

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Maybe just use the quote system to send out notifications instead of outright tagging people.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

We don't even have a notification system and I've been suggesting it for like 2 years.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Still think we should completely steal the Facebook coding and do ClutchFansbook.

6. rawool

rawool Member

Well, the reason for the tagging would be to notify a user that hasn't spoken in the thread yet.

Ex. "I wonder what's the winning percentage for the Rockets when Harden eats eggs instead of pancakes for breakfast? @durvasa"

That is true. I suppose that should come first before my suggestion.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

If someone replies to you, do you know?

I thought this was contributing member benefit.

8. mirus

mirus Member

Totally support it.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You can search for your username. After one of the software updates in the past year, it appears that search will even return posts that quote you. But I guess search functionality is only available to contributing members?

10. rawool

rawool Member

Yeah, the search feature is currently only for CM, which I understand is to reduce CPU utilization. I don't think a notification and tagging system would add much to it though. I was hoping Clutch could clarify. @Clutch :p

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

I usually like to post something stupid in a thread and get da fugg out. No need to know when someone calls me out.