1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

USA v Greece

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by hooroo, Aug 14, 2008.

Tags:
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

my point was less reliance on his 3pt shooting with mpg status quo. in that scenario, there is no need for an emergence of Brooks. Alston shooting less but running the offense the same amount of minutes is the scenario that the majority of cf.netters expect.

just so you understand. less reliance on Alston's offense does not mean his minutes go down.

2. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I would love to see a lineup of Tmac, Artest, and Battier out there to punish teams that go small. If Artest could truly defend the PG then that lineup would be very hard to stop.

3. Lima Time

Lima Time Rookie

I like how you conveniently ignored Games 1 and 2 when Rafer didn't play at all. Anyone who watched the Rockets last year with any sense of basketball knowledge would understand that Alston was valuable and was sorely missed in the first two games. There was a high probability that we win at least one of those two games with him, which would've at least forced a Game 7.

What exactly were you hoping to accomplish with the statement that we were already down by 14 when Rafer left in Game 6? That proves he's not valuable? Not even close. You do realize that the game was in Utah, where the majority of teams even at 100% health don't win? The Rockets and Lakers were the only two teams last year to win @ Utah more than one time. Rafer Alston was the starting PG in our two wins in Utah (1 regular season game, and Game 3). Besides, it was a must-win game for them, as they didn't want to go back to Houston for Game 7. They destroyed us, and even with Yao, we could've lost that game badly. Again, I have no idea what you were trying to accomplish with that pointless claim.

The fact that the players and coaches say that we missed him implies that he must be doing something right. It implies he's a good player. How in the world can you spin that?

Another swing and a miss! The problem recognized by the franchise has been the BACKUP PG. We acquired James, Francis, and Brooks to be BACKUPS, and all have failed at that role. If the Rockets felt that the starting PG was an issue, then genius Morey would've taken care of it by now.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, that is why Adelman says that he thought Francis would be the starter last year.

Who were you and why were you banned?

DD

#124 DaDakota, Aug 16, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  5. spydermex

spydermex Member

Honestly dude, you can laugh at me all you want but Team USA is playing the same brand of basketball that got them a bronze in 2004 and an "L" in 2006 Fiba championship; an over reliance on turnovers and fastbreaks, a ****ty field goal percentage when it comes to the jumpshot, and a complete lack of chemistry. Like i said if Greece or Spain (maybe argentina) has a great shooting game, i really dont see Team USA stopping them so easily. Granted i will say this, which i havent mentioned before, Team USA has the greatest potentail by far, (not even close) to any foreign team, meaning if they actually got their act together, nobody on this world would be able stop them.

6. Lima Time

Lima Time Rookie

Uhhh... what? When did Adelman say Francis would start? What I do recall was either in a chron.com article or those clicktohouston.com videos Hilltopper gives us, Adelman called Rafer a "perfect fit" to the offense. Again, Rick Adelman said that.

And stop asking me about my identity. It's totally irrelevant. I'm not "trash talking" either. I'm calling you out on your inaccuracies and spin with logic and FACTS.

7. DaDakota

But how can you call anyone out when you just joined......or were you banned and snuck back in...

And Adelman did say he thought Francis would be the starter.....but Rafer outplayed him in Training camp.

DD

8. Lima Time

Lima Time Rookie

I still don't get what you're saying. I just joined this forum, but that doesn't mean I just became a Rockets fan.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This post is particularly amusing to read in the aftermath of the Spanish destruction.

Kind of hard to shoot a high percentage when you are getting run out of the building in transition to a team with "a complete lack of chemistry"

10. heypartner

He thinks you are calling him out for his history at cf.net "spinning facts." He thinks you are calling him out because he's DaDakota... Apparently, he can't believe some new poster would call him out on bad bball logic and spinning facts to correct it unless they're making some personal attack. bottomline: he takes himself too seriously.

11. DaDakota

LOL - coming from you that is rich.

DD

12. spydermex

spydermex Member

Dude, this how team USA always starts out. I do want them to win the Gold, I really do, i just fear they'll end up in the same situation as before where they dominated early on, but lose in the later games.

13. spydermex

spydermex Member

Dude, this is how team USA always starts out. I do want them to win the Gold, I really do, i just fear they'll end up in the same situation as before where they dominated early on, but lost in the later games.

14. heypartner

like I'm the one who can't fathom that a noob is calling you out.