1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[USA Today] Tim Duncan, "He made some big shots and was tough to stop."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rob English, Nov 7, 2007.

1. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I have not played ball since I turned 35 a few years back.

2. moonnumack

moonnumack Contributing Member

OK, I loved Yao's game last night and am a Rockets die-hard, but to call TD the most overrated big man in the history of the game is just stupid. Which part of his game is overrated:
    -the 4 championships?
    -the MVP award?
    -the 22 pt, 12 reb, 2.5 block career average?
    -the countless All-NBA and All-Defensive Team awards?
    -the best bank shot in the game?
    Duncan will go down as the greatest PF of all-time. He's very level-headed, so when he's dishing out praise to the likes of Yao, I'm sure Yao feels humbled. TD actually played pretty good staright up D on Yao, but Yao took advantage of his height and made some huge shots down the stretch. He was also rolling to the basket well and had great court vision last night. Once he finds a way to cut down the TOs, he's gonna be almost unstoppable.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

umm.. To win a lottery spot in the East all you would need to do is have a team in the Eastern conference and come in last.

I'm sure you're 40+ team is up for that.

4. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Wow, you guys really took this whole blister thing and ran with it lol.

All I was saying is that if Tracy were to blame a blister for his shot being off (which apparently he hasn't), then I think it's a weak excuse. If I can play through it and play well (which I can and did) for FREE, then I don't see why Tracy shouldn't be able to do it for the more than $200,000 he gets paid per game. Any excuse about him playing against NBA competition is moot too, because it's all relative. He's an NBA player playing other NBA players and I'm a non-NBA player playing other non-NBA players.

Anyway, my point is simply that I would never accept a blister as a reason for a sub-par game from an NBA superstar. Especially with all the care they receive from professional trainers.

5. Nero

Nero Member

I think he is saying that an amateur's game suffering with an injury like that would be virtually indistinguishable from that same person's game sans-injury.

Terrible either way.

You put the wrong gas in a Ferrari, you're going to notice. You put the wrong gas in an '89 Accord, who's gonna be able to tell?

6. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

This has gone on too long, but I'm bored so whatever :p

All I'm saying is that no matter who you are or who you're playing against, a blister shouldn't even be worth mentioning as an explanation for a bad performance. It hurt just to put shoes on and walk around at work yesterday, but when I went to play ball I quickly got over it and didn't even think about while playing. It's not like I'm asking that all players tough out their injuries like Curt Schilling or Isaiah Thomas.