1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[USA Today] Tim Duncan, "He made some big shots and was tough to stop."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rob English, Nov 7, 2007.

1. big11

big11 Contributing Member

I was thinking about the same thing! Very strange indeed.

2. SmitingPurpleEm

I'm backing off tonight because Adelman adjusted his scheme and Yao got the ball in effective position to score, unlike yesterday. I think he was still at the elbow too much... but tonight he made some nice passes from there and he did end up sealing the game by scoring in the low post.

I'm still not convinced this will work, but I'll stop calling for Adelman's head for now.

3. Gazo

Gazo New Member

T-mac'll get 40pts next...

I believe...

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

Adelman wasn't the one who made a change. It was Yao who was being more aggressive.

5. ssff33

ssff33 Member

if we win,or its meaningless

6. StanleyHartwell

That's good. And nextime, when you are about to call somebody's head, please think about this and give the person more time. As people have pointed out again and again, it's only 5 games into the season.

Not that Adelman would care, but this forum will benefit from fewer rash judgements and bellicose diatribes.

I told myself not to pass any judgement on anybody until All-star break.

7. ssff33

ssff33 Member

oh man , manu's weak dunk on the top of the official video,unbelievable,why not deke's dunk.official sucks~~ :mad:

8. StanleyHartwell

You know that's what they do. And that IS a good dunk. Why do you insist on calling it weak? because it's on Yao?

btw, I agree very much with your signature. I, too, believe that Steve Francis is a man, as opposed to be woman. :cool:

9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

So Stanley do you do the morning shift for Doubleh?

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Have you considered its a two way street?

Yes the Rox are learning how to work with Adelman's system and he is learning how to work with the Rox. Lets not forget this is only the 5th game of the season.

11. Arvid

Arvid Member

And Yao set fewer screens last night so that he could focus in the paint. Instead Chuck went out quite a few times to give TMac picks.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Did you watch the game? Adelman was calling the plays late. Adelman made adjustments that put Yao down low and had him rape the Spers defense. Adelman had Rafer put in just for that purpose, and how Yao was playing early lulled the Spers enough that the late change in tactics caught the Spers off guard.

Don't you think Adelman just might know more about basketball than Yao or most of us here?

13. onethreeeleven

Given that the amateur athlete has not maximized his potential (debated using his/her here, but c'mon, we're talking athletes...haha), an injury will not be as much of a detriment as if it were a professional athlete in question.

Its the same reason that professional athletes require the attention of medical staffs, dietitians, and personal trainers - to maximize their athletic potential. Without these things, their performance relative to their competition would regress.

Oh and also, I'm sure nobody was keeping track of your FG% through your game.

14. Barkley

Barkley Member

I also expect a lot better nest game for him. Bucks won't have any answer for Tracy, the don't have Bowen. And let's hope he'll treat the blister.

15. onethreeeleven

Haha boy am I glad I'll never get banned for saything something like-

*turns around*

"Hi Clutch, what're you doing here...with that noose...and bowen jersey...oh god...please...PLEASE NO.."

16. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Tim praises Yao.
    Interesting.
    Aldough Yao deserved it ;)

17. aaronnguyen

aaronnguyen Member

Go to NBA.com and watch NBA daily for Tuesday. Excellent commentary on Ming Dynasty.

18. Precision340

Precision340 Member

It's called respect

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Now that is just crazy talk. Of course Clutchfans know more about basketball than some professional coach with years of experience in the NBA and a winning percentage.

Geez where have you been all these years?

;) ;) :p

20. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

You OBVIOUSLY have not seen my 40+ Y team play ball. I feel confidant we could win a lottery spot in the East.